Audio cues, similar to class responses, are short sounds effects that play to alert a player to a certain event. The cues cover a wide variety of events covering general dominations and revenge to Dueling and Trading. Most audio cues will be accompanied by a small alert window that pops up in the player's HUD or a visual effect of some sort.
These are accompanied by a HUD box with an arrow that points to the specified area, object or player.
Domination / Revenge
These sound effects are accompanied by a special line in the kill feed and a class response.
These sound effects are used when using Dueling Mini-Games and are accompanied by on-screen alerts.
- Unrestricted duel initiated.1
- Class restricted duel initiated.1
- Duel challenge has been accepted.
- Class restricted duel challenge has been accepted.
- Duel challenge has been declined.1
- Class restricted duel challenge has been declined.1
- Duel challenge score has been updated.
- Duel challenge score has been updated, where you are behind.
- You have a new notification. This plays for any general alerts without a specific sound effect.
- Building is damaged. This is the sound that accompanies the warning on the Engineer's or Spy's HUD if his building is damaged or Sentry Gun needs ammunition.
- Medic Auto Call. This is the sound that accompanies the Medic's Auto-call feature enabled in advanced multiplayer options.
- Marked for death. This is the sound is heard when you have been marked for death by the Fan O'War, Or the timer expires while carrying the Intelligence in Mannpower..
- Achievement Earned. Accompanied by a trophy symbol above the achievement earner's head.
- You have a new system notification. Used for official Valve messages usually when the item system is being taken down for maintenance.
- You have a new party notification. Used when a Secret Saxton or Pile o' Gifts is given out. Also used when the player's Strange weapons rank up.
Mann Vs. Machine
- The bomb has entered the alarm area.
- A player has bought himself back in the game.2
- A player has died.
- The bomb carrier has upgraded.
- A Sentry Buster has appeared.
- A Power Up Canteen has been used.2
- A tank has appeared.
- A tank has been destroyed.
- The wave was lost.
These cues were active during the Scream Fortress update.
- Headless Horseless Horsemann has spawned3
- You have been tagged as 'it'.
- Another player has been tagged as 'it'.
- Headless Horseless Horsemann has been defeated.3
- The hidden gift has spawned.3
- The hidden gift has been found.3
These cues were active during the Very Scary Halloween Special update.
- MONOCULUS! leaves in 60 seconds.2
- MONOCULUS! leaves in 10 seconds.2
- MONOCULUS! has left3
- MONOCULUS! appears3
- A player has escaped the Underworld or the Loot Island.3
These cues were active during the Spectral Halloween Special update.
- The Wheel of Fate spins.
- The Dance off fate has been chosen.
- Merasmus leaves in 60 seconds.2
- Merasmus leaves in 10 seconds.2
- Merasmus has left3
- Merasmus appears3
These are accompanied by the voting panel on the HUD
- A vote was started.
- A player has voted yes.
- A player has voted no.
- Vote passed successfully.
- Vote failed to pass.
These cues were used before trading was handled through the Steam interface.
- Items in the trade have changed.
- The trade was cancelled.
- Both players have accepted the offer.
- Trade complete.
- 1 indicates the audio cue is accompanied by a class response.
- 2 Indicates the audio cue is accompanied by a message in the chatbar
- 3 indicates the audio cue is accompanied by a alert popup.