You know, hiding won't save you.
— The Spy to his cowering enemies
The Backbiter's Billycock is a cosmetic item for the Spy. It is a team-coloured billycock with a lighter coloured stripe that sits atop the Spy's regular balaclava.
The item's description was written by caeonosphere for the Hat Describing Contest.
This item is awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchase the RED Spy Action Figure and redeem the code that comes with it.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
August 13, 2009 Patch (Classless Update)
- The Backbiter's Billycock was added to the game.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- The Backbiter's Billycock was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Backbiter's Billycock.
- [Undocumented] The Backbiter's Billycock can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- Paint affects the Backbiter's Billycock's color more, colors are less washed out.
- The Backbiter's Billycock's painting texture was improved.
- [Undocumented] Revealed the rest of the NECA action figure promos.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Due to how the textures are set up, painting the Backbiter's Billycock with single colour Paint Cans results in different colourisation between teams.
- The backpack icon shows this item as being grey, but it is team-coloured unless painted.
- A backbiter is a person who says nasty things about others, referencing the Spy's tendency to badmouth opponents, as well as his penchant for backstabbing.