Backstab that, ya snake!
— The Sniper addressing the Spy's pet snake
The Backstabber's Boomslang is a community-created cosmetic item for the Spy. It is a team-colored venomous snake that is curled around the Spy's upper left arm, with its head resting above the Spy's shoulder. The snake's mouth opens and its head moves up and down as the Spy does, and its eyes glow in the dark. The snake will often flick its tongue out, in the action of tasting the air.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that it gets the assist, with its custom name if it has one.
The Backstabber's Boomslang was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
February 7, 2014 Patch #1 (Strongbox Pack)
- The Backstabber's Boomslang was added to the game.
- Changed item type to "Mascot".
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- [Undocumented] The Backstabber's Boomslang was made craftable and was added to the Mann Co. Store.
- The Boomslang is a breed of large, venomous African snakes. In Afrikaans and Dutch Boomslang means "Tree Snake".