Beta Sniper Rifle 1
|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This article documents experimental content that was tested in the Team Fortress 2 Open or Closed Beta.
Like the default Sniper Rifle, this weapon has no damage falloff and has perfect accuracy. Should a player hit an enemy with a scoped bodyshot with this weapon, they will be rewarded with a 25% faster charging rate. If a player hits an enemy with a scoped headshot, they will be rewarded with a 45% faster charging rate. However, missing while scoped penalizes the player by decreasing the charge rate by 65%.
This weapon, with a new model and adjustments to its mechanics, was shipped as the Bazaar Bargain as part of the Über Update. The Beta Sniper Rifle 1 remains in TF2 Beta as a separate weapon with its stats unchanged, but has been removed from players' backpacks as of the November 9, 2011 Patch (Beta).
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||1.5 s|
|Maximum charge time||3.3 s|
|Zoom-in charging delay||1 s|
|Zoom-in headshot delay||0.2 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The item was added with the following stats:
- On Hit: Rifle charge rate increased by 35%
- On Miss: Rifle charge rate decreased by 65%
- Bonus structure changed
- 25% charge rate bonus on bodyshot
- 45% charge rate bonus on headshot
- 65% charge rate penalty on miss
- The charge rate now resets to default upon death
- The charge rate is now unaffected by shots fired while unzoomed
- [Undocumented] Removed the Beta Sniper Rifle 1 from players' backpacks.
- Like the Sniper Rifle when it ejects a shell, the shell comes out of the side opposite the ejection port.
- When equipped, the Sydney Sleeper darts will replace the bullets on the Sniper's vest.
- This weapon can be preserved by not opening TF2, keeping the Beta Sniper Rifle 1 in your backpack. Alternately, a new one can be crafted using tokens.