You know what, you're not scary, you're just weird.
— The Scout insulting spectral balloons
The Boo Balloon is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is an orange balloon reminiscent of a Jack-o'-lantern that floats behind the player's shoulder.
This item has four styles, named "Haunting", "Please Help", "Hey Guys, What's Going On?" and "Bone Party". The "Haunting" style appears as a design similar to a modern pumpkin carving, "Please Help" showcases a face that appears shocked or scared, "Hey Guys, What's Going On?" displays a silly, cross-eyed face with a triangular nose, and "Bone Party" displays a skull and cross bones placed in a diagonal pattern around the balloon.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that it gets the assist, with its custom name if it has one.
The Boo Balloon was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Please Help
- Hey Guys, What's Going On?
- Bone Party
|Haunting||Please Help||Hey Guys, What's Going On?||Bone Party|
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] The Boo Balloon was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added styles to Boo Balloon.
- [Undocumented] Changed the Boo Balloon's item type from "Badge" to "Balloon".
- Updated the materials for the Boo Balloon.
- The skull and cross bones seen on the "Bone Party" style is the generic kill icon, commonly used for environmental deaths.