|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This page details content that has been removed from the game.
You shouldn't have played with fire, boy.
— The Engineer
chastising the Heavy for burning his banana
The Burned Banana Peel is a crafting ingredient that was updated in the June 27, 2012 Patch. It was originally added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, as the Banana Peel.
Crafting it with three other incinerated treasures formed a Pile of Ash. This item was removed from the game in the July 11, 2012 Patch. As of the November 21, 2013 Patch it no longer is removed on login, but may not be used in crafting.
June 19, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] The Banana Peel was added to the game.
June 20, 2012 Patch
June 21, 2012 Patch
June 27, 2012 Patch
- Along with the other Mysterious Treasures, Banana Peel was incinerated into a small pile of ash and renamed Burned Banana Peel.
July 11, 2012 Patch
- All ash-related items have been faded away to dust.
November 21, 2013 Patch (Two Cities Update)
- [Undocumented] This item no longer expires on login, but has been updated to indicate it can no longer be used in crafting.
- This item's description changed when viewed while equipping the Eliminating The Impossible set. It changed to "...may go on...", with random characters removed, which is a part of the quote "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser." from the "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" short story, part of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes collection.
Level 1 Banana Peel
Where did the banana go? Sit down for this next part, because WE HAVE NO IDEA. Admit it, that's kind of mysterious.