— The Pyro's newfound musical talent
The Burning Bongos are a cosmetic item for the Pyro. They replace the Pyro's default napalm grenades with three small bongo drums, as seen in Meet the Pyro. This item may only be seen in-game by users who are in Pyroland.
When equipped, players are able to see in Pyrovision; map textures are replaced with those of Pyroland, gibs and pickups are replaced with their counterparts from birthday mode, low-violence mode becomes active, other players' voices become high-pitched, and all players laugh when injured or killed.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- The Burning Bongos were added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The Burning Bongos were added to the item drop system.
- The Burning Bongos were added to the Mann Co. Store.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The item's description mentions Matthew McConaughey, an American actor, who was noted for his 1999 arrest for, among other crimes, playing the bongos very loudly in the early hours of the morning while in the nude and disturbing the peace.