The Chieftain's Challenge is a community-created cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is a stereotypical Native American war bonnet with team-colored Team Fortress 2 logos painted onto the wooden side buttons covering the Soldier's ears. It features broad white feathers with team-colored tips and bases, and a decorated band covering the Soldier's eyes.
- The Chieftain's Challenge was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Fixed a typo in the name of the Chieftain's Challenge (previously Chieftan's Challenge).
- [Undocumented] The Chieftain's Challenge was added to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] The Chieftain's Challenge can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- The Chieftain's Challenge is now paintable.
- When the Soldier is ÜberCharged, the back of the hat becomes invisible.
- In some Native American tribes, feathers were badges that were earned through deeds, whether it be for the good of the community or through battle. Those who had earned enough to make a full headdress were regarded with great honor.
- The hat's name in development was Screams with Eagles, a reference to one of the Soldier's taunt sound clips.