Chucklenuts is a community-created cosmetic item for the Scout. It is a red (RED) or gray (BLU) squirrel that sits on the Scout's right shoulder; a team-colored neckerchief is tied around its neck, fastened with a golden woggle imprinted with the Team Fortress logo. The squirrel's head and tail sway with the player's movements.
Chucklenuts was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Chucklenuts was added to the game.
- Changed item type to "Mascot".
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The item's name is a reference to two of the Scout's voice lines, "Think fast, chucklenuts!" when stunning an enemy, and "Ya like that, chucklenuts?" when getting a Revenge kill.
- The design of Chucklenuts's neckerchief is based on neckerchiefs worn by members of the Scouting Association as part of their uniform.
- The scarf also serves as a nod to the Squirrel Scouts from The Emperor's New Groove.
- Despite the item's model being identical per team color, red and gray squirrels are actually different species, with the latter being typically larger and heavier, among other differences.