| Basic information
| Map type
|| Capture the Flag
| File name:
|| Release Candidate 1
| Release date:
|| January 17, 2010
| Last updated:
|| May 3, 2010
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×6 • ×4
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×10 • ×2 • ×2
| Map Overview
|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
Cloudburst is a community-made Capture the Flag map created for the TF2Maps.net Competitive CTF Contest. It placed 5th overall with 73 points, tying it with Wiretap.
- Battlements: Each team shares a battlements on the right of mid.
- Cabin: This is the building to the left of the Intelligence hut. The cabin has a set of stairs that go towards the balcony that connects the cabin with the Intelligence room.
- Cave: This cave covers the whole of mid. The left entrances are be reach through lobby although there are two entrances towards the right side.
- Intelligence: This is located within the 1st floor of the hut to the right of spawn.
- Lobby: The building in front of river, it has two side entrances and offers itself as the left entrance to mid.
- Mid: Refers to the middle of the map. This is where a majority of fighting occurs. The central pillar has an elevated platform.
- River: A frozen river that runs in front of the railway track.
Last update: May 3, 2010
Release Candidate 1
- RC1. Except it's named b5. Don't judge me!
- Lightmap optimized, shaved a hefty 4mb off the filesize! >.>
- Fixed various clipping issues
- Made some shadows sexier
- General polishes
- Clipping and Solidity fixes (Thanks owl!)
- Added some more ammo into the mid
- Fixed various clipping and solidity issues
- Changed a boring cliffface into something more interesting on both sides
- Changed HDR values so they don't blind you
- Added some boxes for cover on the ledges
- Removed logs in Intelligence room to disable an op sentry spot
- Moved the carts away from the building
- Clipping and Solidity issues
- Visual improvements, mainly the cliffs
- Fixed HDR lighting in cave
- Fixed areaportals causing skybox to be shown on the spawn doors
- Removed train car that wasn't very useful
- widened the bridge
Beta 1 (Unreleased to public because of the problems that were fixed in b1a)
- Many clipping fixes
- Added some more 3D skybox like rotating clouds and trees
- Nothing. I had to save the file as something so _a12.vmf was the backup.
- Displaced mid area
- Fixed some clipping
- Added some clipping so you don't get stuck
- Added a 3D skybox
- Detailed all the buildings
- Detailed various areas
- Added some tf2maps.net posters
- Fixed some clipping problems including:
- Log ramp
- Displacement lump outside of Intelligence room
- Added some cover via detailing
- Added another window into the Intelligence room
- Fixed spectator cameras
- Optimized some with various hint blocks, though I doubt they'll have much of an effect
- Removed touch return, many people didn't like it including myself, it just made the Intelligence too hard to cap.
- Quick-Fix because the intels weren't working.
- Moved in cliffs and moved a path for tighter gameplay
- Lowered ice
- Added another way into the Intelligence
- Implemented touch return
- Added some more cover and sightline breakers to mid
- Made some changes to mid to make it neater as well as play better
- Clipped the top of the tunnel so soldiers/demos cant camp on top
- Cubemap improvements (Seams on the ice, mostly)
- Finalized new middle.
- Moved some health packs and ammo packs around in mid.
- Added two logs as a ramp up to the ledge
- Textured spawn room...sort of
- Fixed some optimization issues
- Moved train cars apart a bit for easier access
- Fixed some clips
- Test for new mid, unreleased to public
- Made the ledges on the side a bit more interesting.
- Added some wooden ramps and decks in the middle building.
- Optimized some more
- Added a few more windows
- Added glass in the windows above Intelligence
- Fixed some clipping issues
- Moved some health packs to make the flow better
- Took out cliff. It was too chokepointy and unfun.
- Optimized a lot with areaportals and hints.
- Added lights into Intelligence room
- Displaced a few ledges
- Player clipped the tunnel model
- Fixed blue ressuply locker
- Cliff through the middle to stop Demomen jumping length of map.
- Moved Intelligence again, to make it better and more defendable.
- Opened up Intelligence 'room' to make it less engie-campy and let solders/Demoman cap easier.
- Fixed some sightlines by moving props around.
- Replaced all the lights with better ones.
- Added a "ledge" at either end of the frozen lake for soldiers/Demomen.