I see ya.
— The Sniper, finding his lost pet chameleon
The Cobber Chameleon is a community-created cosmetic item for the Sniper. It is a light green chameleon on the Sniper's left shoulder that looks around as the Sniper moves.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that it gets the assist, with its custom name if it has one.
The Cobber Chameleon was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
July 10, 2013 Patch (Summer Event 2013)
- The Cobber Chameleon was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added the Cobber Chameleon to the Mann Co. Store.
- The Cobber Chameleon can now get kill assists in Pyroland.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- "Cobber" is an Australian and British colloquialism meaning "mate" or "friend".
- The name is a reference to the 1983 song Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.