|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: None added
|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
| Basic information
| Map type
|| Capture the Flag
| File name:
|| Beta 3
| Release date:
|| January 21, 2010
| Last updated:
|| May 25, 2010
|| Aaron "Psy" Garcha
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×8 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×10 • ×4
| Map Overview
Converge is a community-made Capture the Flag map created for the TF2Maps.net's Competitive CTF Contest. It placed 4th overall with 76 points.
Converge features an invasion mechanic, where both teams fight over a single flag and deliver it to the other team's base in order to capture it. Upon a successful capture, the flag will return to the center, and a 10 second cooldown temporarily disables the flag to allow teams to regroup. The flag also has a short timer after it is dropped (?). Once it expires, it will return back to the center.
- May 25, 2010
- Mid is slightly narrower than before.
Beta 2 - September 12, 2010
- (Hopefully) fixed the sound bug
- Added a hint pointing to the flag that appears when the round begins and everytime it's returned to the center
- Various minor visual changes
- Corrected the light_environment's angles
- Added a collision model to the manneframe mode and also updated the texture
- Lowered the upper floor in the Intelligence room from 256 units to 192 units
- Compiled with HDR lighting
- Some other changes I made about 4 months ago that I can no longer remember making
Beta 1 - May 7, 2010
- First detail pass
- Modified middle to fix Sniper sight lines
Alpha 13b - March 31, 2010
- Reduced respawn timers from 10 seconds to 7 seconds
- Increased capture zone height by 32 units up to 96 units
- Modified the underpass so there is a holding room. The healthkit and ammopack that were at the end of this route have now been moved into this room
- The right exit out of spawn has been simplified