Throughout history, men have worn hats as a way of asserting dominance over other men. “I buy hats,” a behatted man seems to say. “I am better than you.”
In wartime, hats were a useful way of conferring rank, and ensuring that casualties were confined to the lower classes (hence the famous command of “Don't fire till you see the tops of their heads” at the Battle of Bunker Hill by William Prescott, a general renowned for only shooting enemy combatants who were poor). During peacetime, hats have been instrumental for men to let the non-hatted know just who is wearing the hat around here.
Cosmetic items (previously known as hats and miscellaneous items (miscs)) are items that can be equipped in any one of the three cosmetic slots in the loadout screen. Valve introduced the first set of nine cosmetics in the Sniper vs. Spy Update, with one hat for each class. The nine hats introduced were the Batter's Helmet, for Scout, the Soldier's Stash, for Soldier, the Pyro's Beanie, for Pyro, the Demoman's Fro, for Demoman, the Football Helmet, for Heavy, the Mining Light, for Engineer, the Prussian Pickelhaube, for Medic, the Trophy Belt, for Sniper and the Fancy Fedora, for Spy. Several updates have since added additional cosmetics, including those designed and submitted by members of the Team Fortress 2 community through the Steam Workshop or the former contribution page on the TF2 Official Website.
There are currently a total of 1744 cosmetic items. 58 can be obtained in Vintage quality, 254 can be obtained in Strange quality, 292 can be obtained in Genuine quality (see item quality distribution), 222 can be obtained in Collector's quality, and 1188 of the cosmetics can be painted 29 colors using different Paint Cans.
While most cosmetics can be obtained through crafting, the item drop system, or bought from the Mann Co. Store, some cosmetics are only available to players via other means. Some cosmetics can only be obtained by completing in-game achievements. Others have been added as promotions for various Steam games, events in the Steam Store, third-party websites, and merchandise. While it is possible to obtain most of these cosmetics via trading, there is no option to purchase them from the Mann Co. Store (aside from those released with Total War: SHOGUN 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and the QUAKECON Pack). Only players with the premium account type can receive cosmetics randomly through the item drop system.
With the release of the Mann-Conomy Update, Unusual quality versions of certain cosmetics have a 1% chance of being "uncrated" when the player opens a Mann Co. Supply Crate. Unusual quality cosmetics appear identical to their Unique counterparts except for the addition of 1 of 86 unusual particle effects. Effects are chosen at random from applicable groups (certain effects are only obtainable during special events) when the cosmetic item is obtained.
Cosmetics do not affect gameplay, spare the psychology of players. The Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head and the Saxton Hale Mask are rare exceptions, making the wearer immune to the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Boo taunt when equipped. Additionally, several cosmetic items make sounds, potentially revealing the location of the wearer and making them more noticeable. Several cosmetic items provide an additional (cosmetic) effect, such as replacing voice lines or playing certain sounds when taunting. With the release of the July 10, 2013 Patch, Item sets from the Polycount Pack (with the exception of The Saharan Spy set, which adds custom particle effects while taunting) now only provide a visual cosmetic grave marker upon killing enemies.
Some cosmetics have holiday or event restrictions, meaning they cannot be seen (except in the loadout menu) outside the period of a holiday or event. Additionally, Pyroland items can only be seen by yourself and other players who wear item(s) that enable Pyrovision. Spectating a player that has a Pyrovision item equipped (with the "When spectating, view the world from the eyes of a Pyro" setting enabled in Advanced Options) also makes other Pyroland items visible.
On January 10th, 2013, a blog post announced that after January 24th, 2013, the original nine hats added in the Sniper vs. Spy Update would be retired, making them unobtainable through crafting, random drops, Mann Co. Supply Crates (in Unusual quality only) or the Mann Co. Store after January 24th. The only source left untouched were existing Mann Co. Supply Crates that had any retired hats listed as a possible reward from unboxing.
On December 20th, 2013, the "Head" and "Misc" slots for player loadouts were merged to form "Cosmetic" loadout slots. All items that were previously Head- or Misc-slot-specific could then be equipped in any Cosmetic-slot.
List of cosmetic items
- List of Scout cosmetics
- List of Soldier cosmetics
- List of Pyro cosmetics
- List of Demoman cosmetics
- List of Heavy cosmetics
- List of Engineer cosmetics
- List of Medic cosmetics
- List of Sniper cosmetics
- List of Spy cosmetics
- List of All class cosmetics
- List of retired items
- [Undocumented] Added Batter's Helmet, Soldier's Stash, Pyro's Beanie, Demoman's Fro, Football Helmet, Mining Light, Prussian Pickelhaube, Trophy Belt, and Fancy Fedora.
August 13, 2009 Patch (Classless Update)
- Added Baseball Bill's Sports Shine, Bonk Helm, Ye Olde Baker Boy, Stainless Pot, Tyrant's Helm, Brigade Helm, Respectless Rubber Glove, Glengarry Bonnet, Scotsman's Stove Pipe, Officer's Ushanka, Tough Guy's Toque, Engineer's Cap, Texas Slim's Dome Shine, Texas Ten Gallon, Otolaryngologist's Mirror, Vintage Tyrolean, Master's Yellow Belt, Professional's Panama, Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative, Backbiter's Billycock, and Camera Beard.
- [Undocumented] Added Miscellaneous loadout slot.
- [Undocumented] Added Gentle Manne's Service Medal.
- [Undocumented] Added Cheater's Lament.
October 29, 2009 Patch (Haunted Hallowe'en Special)
- Added Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask and Ghastly Gibus.
- Added Bill's Hat.
December 17, 2009 Patch (WAR! Update)
- Made Camera Beard a miscellaneous item.
- Added Towering Pillar of Hats, Noble Amassment of Hats, and the Modest Pile of Hat. Special versions of these hats, J.Axer's Dapper Topper, Amber's Rad As All Hell Hat, and Uncle Sam, were awarded to the three winners of the Propaganda contest.
March 18, 2010 Patch (First Community Contribution Update)
- Added Troublemaker's Tossle Cap, Killer's Kabuto, Triboniophorus Tyrannus, Hustler's Hallmark, Hound Dog, Hotrod, Physician's Procedure Mask, Shooter's Sola Topi, and Magistrate's Mullet.
- Added Max's Severed Head.
April 29, 2010 Patch (119th Update)
- Added Grizzled Veteran, Soldier of Fortune, and Mercenary.
- Added Primeval Warrior.
May 20, 2010 Patch (Second Community Contribution Update)
- Added Whoopee Cap, Sergeant's Drill Hat, Vintage Merryweather, Whiskered Gentleman, Tippler's Tricorne, Heavy Duty Rag, Safe'n'Sound, Ze Goggles, Gentleman's Gatsby, Bloke's Bucket Hat, and Frenchman's Beret.
- Made Whiskered Gentleman a miscellaneous item.
June 10, 2010 Patch (Mac Update)
- Added Earbuds.
July 8, 2010 Patch (Engineer Update)
- A second misc slot is added.
- Added Alien Swarm Parasite.
- [Undocumented] Added Lumbricus Lid.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- Added Milkman, Bombing Run, Grenadier's Softcap, Chieftain's Challenge, Stout Shako, Dr's Dapper Topper, Attendant, Old Guadalajara, Napper's Respite, Handyman's Handle, Sober Stuntman, Carouser's Capotain, Pugilist's Protector, Hard Counter, Ol' Snaggletooth, Familiar Fez, Mann Co. Cap, Ellis' Cap, and Wiki Cap.
- The second misc slot is removed and is replaced by the Action items slot.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- Added Horrific Headsplitter, Spine-Chilling Skull, Voodoo Juju, Cadaver's Cranium, Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head, 9 class-specific Halloween Masks, and Saxton Hale Mask.
- Ghastly Gibuses obtained on the 2009 Halloween Update became Ghastlier Gibuses.
- Added Dealer's Visor.
- Added License to Maim.
- [Undocumented] Added Companion Cube Pin.
- Added Bounty Hat, Treasure Hat, and Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect.
- Added Foster's Facade and Stockbroker's Scarf.
December 17, 2010 Patch (Australian Christmas)
- Added A Rather Festive Tree, Flipped Trilby, Buckaroo's Hat, Blighted Beak, Prince Tavish's Crown, Exquisite Rack, Madame Dixie, Coupe D'isaster, Détective Noir, German Gonzila, Le Party Phantom, Larrikin Robin, Defiant Spartan, Scotch Bonnet, Berliner's Bucket Helm, Magnificent Mongolian, Big Chief, Pyromancer's Mask, Prancer's Pride, Industrial Festivizer, and World Traveler's Hat.
- Made Le Party Phantom a miscellaneous slot item.
- Made Blighted Beak a miscellaneous slot item.
- Added Superfan, Athletic Supporter, and Essential Accessories.
- Added Hero's Hachimaki.
March 10, 2011 Patch (Shogun Pack)
- Added Samur-Eye, Dread Knot, Geisha Boy, and Noh Mercy.
March 23, 2011 Patch (Japan Charity Bundle)
- [Undocumented] Added [ classified ].
April 7, 2011 Patch (Third Community Contribution Update)
- Added Sight for Sore Eyes, Reggaelator, Honcho's Headgear, Big Country, Professor's Peculiarity, Teddy Roosebelt, Googly Gazer, Medic's Mountain Cap, Grimm Hatte, Private Eye, and Charmer's Chapeau.
- [Undocumented] Added Resurrection Associate Pin.
- [Undocumented] Added Dead Cone, Brain Bucket, Hetman's Headpiece, Janissary Ketche, and SpaceChem Pin.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- Added Ol' Geezer, Team Captain, Hottie's Hoodie, Connoisseur's Cap, Furious Fukaamigasa, Large Luchadore, Western Wear, Doctor's Sack, Crocleather Slouch, Villain's Veil, and Frontline Field Recorder.
- Added Hero's Tail and Sign of the Wolf's School.
- Added Conjurer's Cowl.
- Added Planeswalker Goggles and Planeswalker Helm.
- [Undocumented] Added Lo-Fi Longwave.
June 23, 2011 Patch (Über Update)
- Added Bonk Boy, Armored Authority, Jumper's Jeepcap, Fancy Dress Uniform, Pocket Medic, Sultan's Ceremonial, Capo's Capper, Desert Marauder, Cosa Nostra Cap, Made Man, and Professor Speks.
- [Undocumented] Made Planeswalker Goggles a miscellaneous item.
July 1, 2011 Patch (Summer Camp Sale)
- Added Summer Hat.
- [Undocumented] Added Copper's Hard Top, Tam O' Shanter, Stately Steel Toe, Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun, Security Shades, Rogue's Col Roule, Prairie Heel Biters, Lucky No. 42, Flip-Flops, and Summer Shades.
- Added Lord Cockswain's Pith Helmet, Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe, and Dr. Grordbort's Crest.
- Added Mask of the Shaman.
- Added Dragonborn Helmet, Anger, Pip-Boy, and Wingstick.
- Renamed Tamrielic Relic to Dragonborn Helmet.
- Added Company Man, Nanobalaclava, Purity Fist and Deus Specs.
- [Undocumented] Added the Storm Spirit's Jolly Hat, Clockwerk's Helm, and Sniper's Snipin' Glass.
- [Undocumented] Brought back the ability to view item levels on hats in the in-game backpack.
- Added Party Hat.
- Added El Jefe.
- Added Killer Exclusive.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Added Manniversary Paper Hat, Backwards Ballcap, Hot Dogger, Hat With No Name, Salty Dog, Birdcage, Flamboyant Flamenco, Little Buddy, Buccaneer's Bicorne, Tavish DeGroot Experience, Gym Rat, One-Man Army, Outdoorsman, Pencil Pusher, Virtual Reality Headset, Swagman's Swatter, Your Worst Nightmare, Counterfeit Billycock, L'Inspecteur, Stereoscopic Shades, Ball-Kicking Boots, Cremator's Conscience, A Whiff of the Old Brimstone, Builder's Blueprints, Couvre Corner, Surgeon's Stethoscope, Crocodile Smile, Spectre's Spectacles, Merc's Pride Scarf, Flair!, Photo Badge, and Clan Pride.
- Bonk Boy and Foster's Facade are now miscellaneous slot items.
- Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect animations have been added.
- LOD models added to several older cosmetic items.
- Players can now equip two misc items at once.
- [Undocumented] Made Noh Mercy, Large Luchadore and the Sniper's Snipin' Glass miscellaneous items.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- Added Wrap Battler, B-ankh!, Futankhamun, Idiot Box, Steel Pipes, Shoestring Budget, Blazing Bull, Fallen Angel, Tail From the Crypt, Hair of the Dog, Scottish Snarl, Pickled Paws, Can Opener, Soviet Stitch-Up, Steel-Toed Stompers, Buzz Killer, Frontier Flyboy, Legend of Bugfoot, Einstein, Dr. Gogglestache, Emerald Jarate, Holy Hunter, Silver Bullets, Garlic Flank Stake, Under Cover, Griffin's Gog, Intangible Ascot, Seal Mask, Apparition's Aspect, Last Breath, Bombinomicon, MONOCULUS!, Spine-Chilling Skull 2011, and Infernal Impaler.
- Fixed Spine-Chilling Skull not appearing when equipped by Soldiers.
- [Undocumented] All Ghastly Gibuses have been upgraded to Ghastlier Gibuses.
- [Undocumented] All Ghastlier Gibuses have been upgraded to the Ghastlierest Gibuses.
- [Undocumented] All hats that had Halloween restrictions can now be worn during Full Moons.
- [Undocumented] Spine-Chilling Skull and Voodoo Juju are no longer craftable.
- Added Cold War Luchador and Mark of the Saint.
- Added Point and Shoot and War Head.
- Added Dr. Whoa.
- Added Dashin' Hashshashin and Top Notch.
- [Undocumented] Fixed certain all-class hats not showing up until the player touches a resupply cabinet.
- Added Itsy Bitsy Spyer.
December 15, 2011 Patch (Australian Christmas 2011)
- Added Big Elfin Deal, Bootie Time, All-Father, Kringle Collection, Ornament Armament, Moonman Backpack, Jingle Belt, Bubble Pipe, Head Warmer, Sandvich Safe, Brainiac Goggles, Brainiac Hairpiece, Stocking Stuffer, Outback Intellectual, Brown Bomber, Dr. Grordbort's Copper Crest, Dr. Grordbort's Silver Crest, Ebenezer, and Holiday Headcase.
- Added Full Head Of Steam as a Foundry achievement milestone reward.
- Added Spirit Of Giving.
- [Undocumented] Added "glasses" equip region to the Brain Bucket.
- [Undocumented] Removed Scout's headset when equipped with the Brown Bomber.
- Added Lucky Shot.
- Added Warsworn Helmet, Bolgan, and Bolgan Family Crest.
- [Undocumented] Added Map Maker's Medallion to the game files.
- Added Aladdin's Private Reserve.
- Added Battle Bob, Bushman's Boonie, Conquistador, Map Maker's Medallion, and Merc Medal.
- Added Boston Boom-Bringer.
- Added Fast Learner.
- Added Teufort Tooth Kicker.
- Added Nine-Pipe Problem.
- Added Waxy Wayfinder and Scrap Pack.
- Added daily periodic reward hats for duel wins, map stamp purchases, and gifts given.
- Added Bolt Action Blitzer, Texas Half-Pants, and Toss-Proof Towel.
- Added LODs on Ghastly Gibus for all classes.
- Added Fruit Shoot.
- Added Front Runner, Triclops, and Flamingo Kid.
- Added Liquor Locker.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- Added Fed-Fightin' Fedora, Dillinger's Duffel, Helmet Without a Home, Captain's Cocktails, HazMat Headcase, Burning Bongos, Infernal Orchestrina, Bird-Man of Aberdeen, Apparatchik's Apparel, Idea Tube, Business Casual, Liquidator's Lid, Gentleman's Ushanka, Robot Chicken Hat, Balloonicorn, and Pyrovision Goggles.
- [Undocumented] Pocket Medic, Triboniophorus Tyrannus, Cremator's Conscience, Bird-Man of Aberdeen, Alien Swarm Parasite, and Balloonicorn are now credited with assists on unassisted kills in Pyroland.
- [Undocumented] Added Gentle Munitionne of Leisure as a Doomsday achievement milestone reward.
- Teddy Roosebelt can now get assist credits.
- Fixed hatless hats not not-drawing correctly.
- Teddy Roosebelt can now get assists in Pyrovision.
- [Undocumented] Updated the world model of Scotch Bonnet.
August 2, 2012 Patch (Triad Pack)
- Added Russian Rocketeer, Awesomenauts Badge, Triad Trinket, Champ Stamp, Marxman, Lone Star, and Human Cannonball.
- Added Void Monk Hair, Grenadier Helm, and Ninja Cowl.
- [Undocumented] Barely-Melted Capacitor is now equippable, though is not visible due to having no model.
August 15, 2012 Patch (Mann vs. Machine Update)
- Added Archimedes, RoBro 3000 , and Soldier's Stogie.
- [Undocumented] Added the U-clank-a, Stealth Steeler, Tin Pot, Robot Running Man, Bolted Bushman, Tin-1000, Pyrobotics Pack, Medic Mech-Bag, Battery Bandolier, and Tour of Duty Badge.
- Updated the backpack image for Archimedes to fix an alpha channel problem.
- Updated the colors for Battery Bandolier.
- [Undocumented] Added Soldier's Stogie and Archimedes to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] Updated the backpack icons for Archimedes and Battery Bandolier.
- [Undocumented] Fixed Boston Boom-Bringer not playing sounds when in MvM.
- Added Crafty Hair, Area 451, and Vigilant Pin.
- Backpack sounds updated for MONOCULUS!, Manniversary Paper Hat, Party Hat, Rogue's Col Roule, Scrap Pack, Professor's Pineapple, Googly Gazer, Liquor Locker, and Something Special For Someone Special.
- The Professor's Peculiarity and Teufort Tooth Kickers are now craftable.
- Loosened equip region restrictions for the Whiskered Gentleman, Sight for Sore Eyes, Googly Gazer, and Nine-Pipe Problem.
- Added styles to Big Country, Professor's Peculiarity, and Copper's Hard Top.
- The Scrap Pack, Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect, and Birdcage can now get kill assists in Pyroland.
- [Undocumented] Fixed Tin-1000 not forcing the proper bodygroup.
- [Undocumented] Changed the Captain's Cocktails to item type, "Decorative Bombs".
- [Undocumented] Added War Pig, Soviet Gentleman, Hat of Cards, Track Terrorizer, Pyrotechnic Tote, Bearded Bombardier, Pocket Purrer, Medi-Mask, and Koala Compact.
- Added Heavy Artillery Officer's Cap, Combat Medic's Crusher Cap, Heroic Companion Badge, Triple A Badge, and Friends Forever Companion Square Badge.
- [Undocumented] Updated the description of the Pyrotechnic Tote to fix ellipses and apostrophes.
- Added Lacking Moral Fiber Mask, K-9 Mane, Stovepipe Sniper Shako, Whale Bone Charm, King of Scotland Cape, Menpo, Foppish Physician, and Distinguished Rogue.
- Fixed hats sometimes appearing multiple times in incorrect locations when changing classes.
- Fixed the Lacking Moral Fiber Mask being tagged as a misc item instead of a hat.
- [Undocumented] Added Operation Oil Spill Badge and Operation Gear Grinder Badge.
- [Undocumented] Vigilant Pin is now tradable, giftable, craftable, and can be used in crafting.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] Added Voodoo-Cursed Souls, Ghostly Gibus, Master Mind, Crone's Dome, Executioner, Zipperface, Grand Duchess Tiara, Grand Duchess Tutu, Grand Duchess Fairy Wings, Voodoo JuJu (Slight Return), Wraith Wrap, Rump-o'-Lantern, Sir Hootsalot, Scarecrow, Bonedolier, Plutonidome, Spooky Shoes, Spooky Sleeves, Boo Balloon, Unknown Monkeynaut, Dead Little Buddy, Exorcizor, Coffin Kit, and Skull Island Topper.
- Added Cockfighter, That '70s Chapeau, Chief Constable, Hitt Mann Badge, Siberian Sophisticate, and Deadliest Duckling.
- [Undocumented] Changed Balloonicorn and the Boo Balloon from item type "Badge" to type "Wearable Balloon".
- [Undocumented] Changed Unknown Monkeynaut and the Dead Little Buddy from item type "Badge" to "Wearable Ghost".
- Added Tuxxy, Faerie Solitaire Pin, and Saxxy Clapper Badge.
December 20, 2012 Patch (Mecha Update)
- Added Soldier's Slope Scopers, Cold Killer, Tough Stuff Muffs, Barnstormer, Carl, Brock's Locks, Aqua Flops, Hunger Force, DethKapp, Rail Spikes, Nose Candy, Hanger-On Hood, Flight of the Monarch, Flunkyware, Mann Co. Online Cap, Antlers, Winter Wonderland Wrap, Cut Throat Concierge, Der Wintermantel, Cool Breeze, Doc's Holiday, Digit Divulger, Heavy's Hockey Hair, Mutton Mann, Merc's Muffler, Operation Mecha Engine Badge, Smissmas Wreath, and Reindoonicorn.
- Added Last Straw, Prize Plushy, and Grizzled Growth.
- The Prize Plushy can now get assists in Pyrovision.
- Updated the equip_region setting for The Bootie Time.
- Added new Linux promo item.
- Added new ETF2L, ESH, and UGC tournament medals.
- [Undocumented] Replaced all tournament medals and Map Maker's Medallion in Mann Co. Catalog with a single armory icon.
- Added Buck Turner All-Stars.
- Added Brütal Bouffant.
- Added Vox Diabolus, Pounding Father, Person in the Iron Mask, Doe-Boy, Sydney Straw Boat, Blind Justice, and Steel Songbird.
- [Undocumented] Tux now counts as assister in Pyroland.
- Added Croft's Crest, Fortune Hunter, and Tomb Wrapper.
- Added Wilson Weave, Bloodhound, Necronomicrown, Dapper Disguise, Long Fall Loafers, and Samson Skewer.
- [Undocumented] Added TF2VRH.
- Added Conspiracy Cap and Public Accessor.
- Added UGC Highlander Season 9 and UGC 6vs6 Season 11.
May 17, 2013 Patch (Robotic Boogaloo)
- Added Bonk Leadwear, Bot Dogger, Ye Oiled Baker Boy, Full Metal Drill Hat, Steel Shako, Tyrantium Helmet, Bolted Birdcage, Electric Escorter, Firewall Helmet, Metal Slug, Plumber's Pipe, Pyro's Boron Beanie, Respectless Robo-Glove, Bolted Bicorne, Broadband Bonnet, Cyborg Stunt Helmet, FR-0, Pure Tin Capotain, Strontium Stove Pipe, Bunsen Brave, Gridiron Guardian, Tungsten Toque, Data Mining Light, Plug-In Prospector, Texas Tin-Gallon, Timeless Topper, Halogen Head Lamp, Platinum Pickelhaube, Titanium Tyrolean, Virus Doctor, Letch's LED, Shooter's Tin Topi, Soldered Sensei, Base Metal Billycock, Bootleg Base Metal Billycock, Galvanized Gibus, Modest Metal Pile of Scrap, Noble Nickel Amassment of Hats, Towering Titanium Pillar of Hats, Bolt Boy, Soldier's Sparkplug, Filamental, Googol Glass Eyes, Rusty Reaper, Scrap Sack, Bolted Bombardier, HDMI Patch, Scrumpy Strongbox, Titanium Towel, Teddy Robobelt, Byte'd Beak, Mecha-Medes, Practitioner's Processing Mask, Steam Pipe, Dual-Core Devil Doll, Megapixel Beard, and Electric Badge-aloo.
- Added Weather Master, Bacteria Blocker, and Breather Bag.
- Fixed a client crash related to the hatless hats and the character loadout screen.
- Added Crosslinker's Coil.
- Added Cloud Crasher, Powdered Practitioner, Well-Rounded Rifleman, Pom-Pommed Provocateur, Brotherhood of Arms, Beastly Bonnet, Centurion, Tartan Shade, Breakneck Baggies, Mair Mask, Dark Age Defender, Tyurtlenek, Pocket Pyro, Cheet Sheet, Steel Sixpack, Tartantaloons, and Hardy Laurel.
- Added Tartan Spartan, Bear Necessities, Glasgow Great Helm, Burning Bandana, Caribbean Conqueror, Harmburg, Wet Works, Katyusha, Black Watch, Virtual Viewfinder, Das Ubersternmann, Pampered Pyro, Das Maddendoktor, Das Hazmattenhatten, Rebel Rouser, Baron von Havenaplane, Tsarboosh, Pardner's Pompadour, Valley Forge, Das Naggenvatcher, Whirly Warrior, Stormin' Norman, Greased Lightning, Federal Casemaker, Belgian Detective, Das Gutenkutteharen, Hive Minder, Das Fantzipantzen, Compatriot, Birdman of Australiacatraz, Das Feelinbeterbager, Brawling Buccaneer, Delinquent's Down Vest, El Muchacho, Red Army Robin, Half-Pipe Hurdler, Dry Gulch Gulp, Colonial Clogs, Bolshevik Biker, Bigg Mann on Campus, Cobber Chameleon, Lieutenant Bites, Rogue's Brogues, Das Metalmeatencasen, Hornblower, Falconer, Gaelic Golf Bag, Graybanns, Flared Frontiersman, Shogun's Shoulder Guard, Whiskey Bib, Gaelic Garb, Macho Mann, Gabe Glasses, Borscht Belt, Blood Banker, Backpack Broiler, After Dark, Cool Cat Cardigan, Caffeine Cooler, Trash Toter, Soot Suit, Founding Father, and Heavy-Weight Champ.
- Added Grandmaster.
- Added Bone Dome, Cotton Head, Pirate Bandana, Slick Cut, Brim-Full of Bullets, L'homme Burglerre, Hong Kong Cone, Flapjack, Air Raider, Pop-Eyes, Trickster's Turnout Gear, Hurt Locher, Cuban Bristle Crisis, Weight Room Warmer, Beep Boy, Gold Digger, Special Eyes, A Brush with Death, Medical Mystery, Ward, Chronomancer, Li'l Snaggletooth, Escapist, Frenchman's Formals, and Viking Braider.
October 29, 2013 Patch (Scream Fortress V)
- Added Abhorrent Appendages, Accursed Apparition, Alternative Medicine Mann, Archimedes the Undying, Baphomet Trotters, Beacon from Beyond, Beast From Below, Birdie Bonnet, Bountiful Bow, Bozo's Bouffant, Bozo's Brogues, Burny's Boney Bonnet, Cadaver's Capper, Candleer, Candyman's Cap, Cap'n Calamari, Carious Chameleon, Carrion Companion, Cauterizer's Caudal Appendage, Chicken Kiev, Corpsemopolitan, Creature From The Heap, Crispy Golden Locks, Cryptic Keepsake, Dark Helm, Das Blutliebhaber, Death Support Pack, Ethereal Hood, External Organ, Face Plante, Faun Feet, Faux Manchu, Foul Cowl, Freedom Feathers, Glob, Gothic Guise, Grease Monkey, Grisly Gumbo, Grub Grenades, Guano, Hallowed Headcase, Halloweiner, Handhunter, Hardium Helm, Hard-Headed Hardware, Haunted Hat, Headtaker's Hood, Hidden Dragon, Hollowhead, Horned Honcho, Horrific Head of Hare, Horsemann's Hand-Me-Down, Hound's Hood, Hyperbaric Bowler, Ivan the Inedible, Jupiter Jumpers, Larval Lid, Last Bite, Lieutenant Bites the Dust, Lo-Grav Loafers, Lordly Lapels, Macabre Mask, Magical Mercenary, Maniac's Manacles, Manneater, Mann-Bird of Aberdeen, Medimedes, Monster's Stompers, Monstrous Mandible, Mucous Membrain, One-Way Ticket, Parasight, Pin Pals, Pocket Horsemann, Polly Putrid, PY-40 Incinibot, Quoth, Ramses' Regalia, Raven's Visage, Rugged Respirator, Sackcloth Spook, Scorched Skirt, Second Opinion, Shaman's Skull, Shaolin Sash, Sir Shootsalot, Snaggletoothed Stetson, Space Bracers, Spectralnaut, Spellbinder's Bonnet, Sprinting Cephalopod, Squid's Lid, Surgeon's Space Suit, Terrier Trousers, Teutonkahmun, Transylvania Top, Trepanabotomizer, Tuque or Treat, Unidentified Following Object, Up Pyroscopes, Vicar's Vestments, and Vicious Visage.
- Updated Air Raider so it can be painted correctly.
- Updated Bone Dome so it doesn't hide Pyro's backpack.
- Updated Chicken Kiev so it can't be equipped with Cold War Luchador or Large Luchadore.
- Updated the equip region for Ivan The Inedible to match the other Spooky Companion items.
- The Grandmaster will now update its model based on the owner's current kill streak.
- Updated the Jupiter Jumpers so they can be equipped with the Mantreads and the Gunboats.
- Fixed a bug that would cause robot "gate hat" items to be craftable. Replaced all Gate hats with Glitched Circuit Boards.
- Added the Heart of Gold.
- Added Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser, War on Smissmas Battle Hood, War on Smissmas Battle Socks, Sack Fulla Smissmas, Smissmas Caribou, and Randolph the Blood-Nosed Caribou.
December 20, 2013 Patch (Smissmas 2013)
- "Head" and "Misc" slots for player loadouts have been converted to Cosmetic slots. All items that were previously Head- or Misc-slot-specific can now be equipped in any Cosmetic slot.
- Added Angel of Death, Antarctic Parka, Blizzard Breather, Chucklenuts, Dead of Night, Dictator, Dogfighter, Extra Layer, Face Full of Festive, Five-Month Shadow, Golden Garment, Highland High Heels, Kiss King, Little Drummer Mann, Mann of the House, Mann of Reason, Marshall's Mutton Chops, Minnesota Slick, Neckwear Headwear, Nunhood, Polar Pullover, Ruffled Ruprecht, Runner's Warm-Up, Scout Shako, Slo-Poke, Snow Scoper, Sub Zero Suit, Tartan Tyrolean, Tiny Timber, Toy Soldier, Toy Tailor, and Trail-Blazer.
February 7, 2014 Patch (Strongbox Pack)
- Added Antarctic Researcher, Archer's Groundings, Backstabber's Boomslang, Big Daddy, Bullet Buzz, Bushi-Dou, Colonel's Coat, Combat Slacks, Cute Suit, Dark Falkirk Helm, Deep Cover Operator, Dough Puncher, Ein, Eliminator's Safeguard, Fashionable Megalomaniac, First American, Gaiter Guards, Gone Commando, Ground Control, Heat of Winter, Heavy Lifter, Heer's Helmet, Huntsman's Essentials, Juggernaut Jacket, Killer's Kit, Law, Leftover Trap, Mister Bubbles, Mustachioed Mann, Napoleon Complex, Rat Stompers, Sammy Cap, Sangu Sleeves, Scotch Saver, Smock Surgeon, Sole Mate, Sole Saviors, Stylish DeGroot, Teutonic Toque, Ticket Boy, Toowoomba Tunic, Trash Man, Trencher's Topper, Trencher's Tunic, War Goggles, and Warmth Preserver.
- Updated several cosmetic items that were missing an item_type description.
- Updated several cosmetic items to count as assisters in Pyrovision.
- Updated the Medi-Mask to use equip_region beard instead of face.
- Added Gilded Guard, Criminal Cloak, Dread Hiding Hood, and Baronial Badge.
- Renamed the Baronial Bouncer to Gilded Guard, Cutthroat's Cloak to Criminal Cloak, and Garrett Badge to Baronial Badge.
- Added the smoke effect to the Soldier's Stogie.
- Added the InfoShow 2014 Tournament Participant Medal.
equip_regionsfor the Humanitarian's Hachimaki, the Special Eyes, the Blazing Bull, the Master's Yellow Belt, the Lucky Shot, and the Deadliest Duckling.
- Fixed seeing the incorrect cosmetic items on players when the server has been running for a long time.
- Fixed cosmetics not dropping into the world when players are killed.
- Fixed the Jarate effect not being displayed on some cosmetic items.
- Fixed seeing the fire texture on Runner's Warm-Up and the Tiny Timber in DirectX 8.
- Fixed The Doe-Boy using incorrect team materials.
- [Undocumented] Added the Little Bear.
- [Undocumented] Added the Dread Hiding Hood, Criminal Cloak, Gilded Guard, and Baronial Badge to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] The Dread Hiding Hood, Criminal Cloak, Gilded Guard, and Baronial Badge are now craftable, tradable, giftable and were added to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] Updated the
equip_regionfor the Hero's Hachimaki, Soldier's Stash, Gaelic Garb, Sangu Sleeves, Whiskey Bib, Trash Toter, and Soldered Sensei.
- [Undocumented] Added ETF2L 6v6 Season 17 and ETF2L Highlander Season 5 medals.
- Fixed disguised Spies losing their disguised cosmetic items when they touch a supply closet.
- Added the Die Regime-Panzerung and the Der Maschinensoldaten-Helm.
- Added ETF2L 6v6 Season 17 and ETF2L Highlander Season 5 medals.
- Updated metal hats to sound like metal when they fall off players' heads.
- Updated the equip regions for the Toss-Proof Towel, the Titanium Towel, the Tartan Shade, the Marshall's Mutton Chops, Stockbroker's Scarf, the Carl, and Polar Pullover.
- [Undocumented] Updated the equip_region for the Heavy's Hockey Hair.
- Updated the
equip_regionfor the Pyromancer's Mask.
- Fixed the
equip_regionfor tournament medals conflicting with other items.
- Added the LBTF2 Season 9 tournament medals.
- Fixed several cosmetic items not cloaking properly for the Spy.
- Added the AsiaFortress Cup Season 7 medals.
- [Undocumented] Updated the equip region of El Muchacho.
- [Undocumented] Updated the item type of Brawling Buccaneer and Hornblower.
- [Undocumented] Shuffled around the backpack images and models for the variants of the AsiaFortress Cup Season 7 medals.
June 18, 2014 Patch (Love & War Update)
- Added the Argyle Ace, Frickin' Sweet Ninja Hood, Paisley Pro, Pomade Prince, Red Socks, Southie Shinobi, Classified Coif, Man in Slacks, Spook Specs, Combustible Kabuto, Employee of the Mmmph, Frymaster, Gas Guzzler, Lunatic's Leathers, Senguko Scorcher, Smoking Skid Lid, Allbrero, Frontier Djustice, Razor Cut, Seeing Double, Six Pack Abs, Yuri's Revenge, Danger, Egghead's Overalls, Endothermic Exowear, Joe-on-the-Go, Level Three Chin, Lonesome Loafers, Peacenik's Ponytail, Tools of the Trade, Chronoscarf, Medicine Manpurse, Ze Übermensch, Scoper's Smoke, Triggerman's Tacticals, Au Courant Assassin, Aviator Assassin, Rogue's Robe, Sky Captain, Merc's Mohawk, Bruiser's Bandanna, Eye-Catcher, Tipped Lid, and Vive La France.
- Mann Co. Store
- Added all new cosmetics to a cosmetic bundle.
- The "Hats" and "Misc" categories have been merged into "Cosmetics".
- Added Bread Box Special Crafting Recipe which requires 3 cosmetics. This recipe will no longer be available after July 9th, 2014. Items from the Bread box have a chance to be strange.
- Added OzFortress Season 11 tournament medals.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause items to unequip themselves.
- Fixed cosmetics shared between multiple classes not rendering correctly.
- Updated the cosmetic item list to sort by name.
- Added UGC Highlander Season 12, UGC 6v6 Season 14, UGC 4v4 Season 1, and Tumblr Vs Reddit Season 2 medals.
- Added The Spycrab.
- Added Horace.
- Added tournament medals for the ETF2L and RETF2 EE22.
- Added Alien Cranium, Biomech Backpack, MK 50, and Xeno Suit.
- [Undocumented] The cosmetic items from the Strongbox Pack were made craftable and were added to the Mann Co. Store.
- Added Thirst Blood, Lone Survivor, Mishap Mercenary, Mann of the Seven Sees, Unshaved Bear, Pocket Heavy, Poacher's Safari Jacket, Lady Killer, and Hillbilly Speed-Bump.
- Fixed a case where cosmetic items would be orphaned in the world.
- R.I.P. Captain Canteen.
October 29, 2014 Patch (Scream Fortress VI)
- Added Claws And Infect, Crazy Legs, Fowl Fists, Head Hunter, Nugget Noggin, Talon Trotters, Battle Bird, Ghoul Gibbin' Gear, Hellhunter's Headpiece, Supernatural Stalker, Arsonist Apparatus, Creature's Grin, Lollichop Licker, Moccasin Machinery, Mr. Juice, Vampyro, Eyeborg, Forgotten King's Pauldrons, Forgotten King's Restless Head, Mannhattan Project, Bone-Cut Belt, Bull Locks, Immobile Suit, Minsk Beef, Beep Man, Garden Bristles, Iron Fist, Soul of 'Spensers Past, Tiny Texan, Herzensbrecher, Hundkopf, Kriegsmaschine-9000, Templar's Spirit, Vampire Makeover, Vampiric Vesture, Wings of Purity, Cranial Conspiracy, Kanga Kickers, Marsupial Man, Marsupial Muzzle, Mr. Mundee's Wild Ride, Roo Rippers, Scaly Scrapers, Facepeeler, Nightmare Hunter, Rogue's Rabbit, Shadowman's Shade, Ghost of Spies Checked Past, Hooded Haunter, Li'l Dutchman, and Deadliest Catch.
- Renamed Deadliest Catch to Dadliest Catch.
- Added Gamers Assembly 2013 and 2014 tournament medals.
- Added Thought that Counts.
- Added Brimstone, Crown of the Old Kingdom, Jungle Booty, and Tomb Readers.
December 8, 2014 Patch (End of the Line Update)
- Added Brooklyn Booties, Thermal Tracker, Coldfront Curbstompers, Condor Cap, Mistaken Movember, Screamin' Eagle, North Polar Fleece, Wartime Warmth, Bomber's Bucket Hat, Double Dog Dare Demo Pants, Double Dynamite, Snow Sleeves, Fur-Lined Fighter, Hunter Heavy, Sleeveless in Siberia, Insulated Inventor, Snow Stompers, Boxcar Bomber, Coldsnap Cap, Flashdance Footies, and Winter Woodsman.
- Updated the
equip_regionand bodygroup settings for some of the new cosmetic items.
- [Undocumented] Updated the item type of a number of new cosmetic items.
- Added Cold Snap Coat.
- [Undocumented] Added End of the Line Community Update Medal.
December 22, 2014 Patch (Smissmas 2014)
- Added Co-Pilot, Courtier's Collar, Harlequin's Hooves, Mountebank's Masque, Skullcap, Black Knight's Bascinet, Charred Chainmail, Pyromancer's Hood, Pyromancer's Raiments, Torcher's Tabard, Scot Bonnet, Valhalla Helm, Old Man Frost, Siberian Facehugger, Clubsy The Seal, Conagher's Combover, Cop Caller, Holstered Heaters, Thermal Insulation Layer, Surgeon's Shako, Unknown Mann, Bushman's Bristles, Marksman's Mohair, Professional's Ushanka, Wally Pocket, Pocket Momma, Puffy Provocateur, Stealthy Scarf, and Snow Stompers.
- [Undocumented] Added LBTF2 Tournament Medal - LBTF2 Highlander Tournament (Season 1) and Tournament Medal - LBTF2 6v6 Tournament (Season 10) tournament medals, and Tournament Medal - FBTF 6v6 Tournament (Season 3) tournament medals.
- [Undocumented] Renamed LBTF2 tournament medals to Tournament Medal - LBTF2 Tournament (Season 9).
- [Undocumented] Added description to Limited Late Summer Pack items.
- Renamed the Snow Stompers in the Nice Winter Crate 2014 to the Storm Stompers to resolve a name conflict with another item.
- Added Bootenkhamuns, Orion's Belt, Pocket Raiders, and Asymmetric Accolade.
- Added TF2Connexion Tournament (Season 14) medals.
- Fixed cosmetics casting shadows at the wrong time.
- Added OWL 12 6vs6 tournament medals.
- Fixed shadows drawing on some wearables while in first person.
- Added OSL.tf Cup (Season 1) and Florida LAN 2015 tournament medals.
- Added UGC tournament medals: Highlander (Seasons 13 and 14), 6vs6 (Seasons 15 and 16), and 4vs4 (Seasons 2 and 3).
- Added Gamers Assembly 2015 tournament medals.
- Added Jaunty Pin 2015.
- Added ETF2L tournament medals: Highlander (Season 9), 6vs6 (Season 20), and Ultiduo (Season 5).
- Added Finder's Fee.
August 27, 2015 Patch (Gun Mettle Update)
- Added Bruce's Bonnet, Captain Cardbeard Cutthroat, Commissar's Coat, El Duderino, Flak Jack, Fortunate Son, Lurker's Leathers, Outta' Sight, Physician's Protector, Potassium Bonnet, Rotation Sensation, Sheriff's Stetson, Support Spurs, Vascular Vestment, White Russian, and Wild West Waistcoat.
October 6, 2015 Patch (Invasion Community Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Cadet Visor, A Head Full of Hot Air, Jupiter Jetpack, Phobos Filter, Space Diver, Universal Translator, Sucker Slug, Life Support System, Rocket Operator, Corona Australis, Final Frontiersman, Starduster, Graylien, Captain Space Mann, Phononaut, Space Hamster Hammy, and Invasion Community Update Medal.
October 28, 2015 Patch (Scream Fortress VII)
- Added Hellmet, Face of Mercy, El Patron, Smokey Sombrero, Thrilling Tracksuit, B'aaarrgh-n-Britches, Prehistoric Pullover, Roboot, Duck Billed Hatypus, Iron Lung, Neptune's Nightmare, El Caballero, B'aaarrgh-n-Bicorne, Death Racer's Helmet, Grim Tweeter, Crusader's Getup, Dead'er Alive, Arthropod's Aspect, and Catastrophic Companions.
- Fixed random client crashes affecting some players with cosmetics.
- Added Firefly, Fear Monger, Arkham Cowl, Teufort Knight, Bat Backup, Caped Crusader, Pocket Villians, Sidekick's Side Slick, Hood of Sorrows, Batter's Bracers, Batbelt, Buttler, Crook Combatant, Special Snowflake, and Gift of Giving.
December 17, 2015 Patch (Tough Break Update)
- Added Bonk Batter's Backup, Hot Heels, Diplomat, Gift Bringer, Patriot Peak, Shin Shredders, Siberian Sweater, Winter Backup, Berlin Brain Bowl, Bunnyhopper's Ballistics Vest, Medical Monarch, A Hat to Kill For, Chicago Overcoat, A Well Wrapped Hat, and Chill Chullo.
- Added LBTF2 6v6 Season 12 and LBTF2 Highlander Season 3 tournament medals.
- Added tournament medals for AsiaFortress Cup Season 9, ozfortress Season 15, and ozfortress Summer Cup 2016, ETF2L 6v6 Season 22 and Season 23, and ETF2L Highlander Season 9 and Season 10.
May 11, 2016 Patch (Mayflower Pack)
- Added Scoped Spartan, Demo's Dustcatcher, Surgical Survivalist, Squire's Sabatons, Courtly Cuirass, Airdog, Patriot's Pouches, Gauzed Gaze, Lurking Legionnaire, Herald's Helm, Dad Duds, Dayjogger, Skullcap, and Bedouin Bandana.
- Renamed the Skullcap in the Mayflower Cosmetic Case to the Dead Head to resolve a name conflict with another item.
July 7, 2016 Patch (Meet Your Match Update)
- Added Civilian Grade JACK Hat, Military Grade JACK Hat, PASS Time Early Participation Pin, PASS Time Miniature Half JACK, Altruist's Adornment, TF2Maps 72hr TF2Jam Summer Participant, Prinny Hat, and Prinny Pouch.
- Added the Florida LAN 2016 community medal.
- Added the Tip of the Hats 2016 community event medals: Jaunty Camper, Jaunty Benefactor, and Jaunty Trailblazer.
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress VIII)
- Added Aerobatics Demonstrator, Big Topper, Burly Beast, Class Crown, Colossal Cranium, Combustible Cutie, Corpus Christi Cranium, Cranial Carcharodon, El Paso Poncho, Final Frontier Freighter, Heavy Tourism, Hovering Hotshot, Lil' Bitey, Mad Mask, Mo'Horn, Nasty Norsemann, Pestering Jester, Showstopper, Spirit of the Bombing Past, Spooktacles, Surgeon's Sidearms, Toadstool Topper, Wide-Brimmed Bandito, and Wing Mann.
- Added the GA'lloween 2016 community event medals: Tournament Medal - GA'lloween 2016.
- Added Bomb Beanie, Bomber Knight, Brain-Warming Wear, Electric Twanger, Elf Esteem, Flammable Favor, Handy Canes, Head Prize, Packable Provisions, Pyro the Flamedeer, Reader's Choice, Santarchimedes, Snowmann, Snowwing, Socked and Loaded, Sweet Smissmas Sweater, and Woolen Warmer.
- Added the Winter Wonderland 2016 community medals: Gift of Giving 2016 and Special Snowflake 2016.
- Added the LBTF2 6v6 Season 14 tournament medals: Tournament Medal - LBTF2 6v6 Tournament (Season 14).
- Added TF2Maps 72hr TF2Jam Winter Participant 2017 community medal: TF2Maps 72hr TF2Jam Winter Participant.
- Added Rally Call Charity Tournament community medals: Tournament Medal - Rally Call Charity Tournament.
- Added ozfortress Season 18 tournament medals: Tournament Medal - OWL 18 6v6 Tournament.
- Added the Audio File for the What's in the Team Fortress 2 Soundtrack Box?.
- Added the Heartfelt Hug community medal for the hugs.tf charity event.
May 15, 2017 Patch (Rainy Day Pack)
- Added Flash of Inspiration, Lightning Lid, Plumber's Cap, Legendary Lid, Guilden Guardian, Down Under Duster, Pocket Pauling, Messenger's Mail Bag, Hawk-Eyed Hunter, Archer's Sterling, Airtight Arsonist, Upgrade, Speedster's Spandex, Head Mounted Double Observatory, Field Practice, Warhood, Airborne Attire, Flakcatcher, and Blast Defense.
- Added Arms Race 3 community medals.
- Added FBTF Cup 6v6 Season 4 tournament medals.
- Added ozfortress Season 19, ETF2L 6v6 Mid Season 27, and ETF2L Fresh Meat Challenge tournament medals.
- Added AsiaFortress Cup Season 11 tournament medals.
- Added the Chapelaria Ultiduo Season 1 tournament medals.
- Added the TFCL 6v6 Alpha and Season 2 tournament medals.
- Added the TFCL Ultiduo Alpha, Season 2, and Season 3 tournament medals.
- Added the Blapature Co. Contributor 2017 community event medal.
- Added the TF2Maps 72hr TF2Jam Summer Participant 2017 community medal.
- [Undocumented] Added the TF2Maps Charitable Heart 2017.
October 20, 2017 Patch (Jungle Inferno Update)
- Added Abominable Snow Pants, Aloha Apparel, Attack Packs, Aztec Aggressor, Aztec Warrior, Bait and Bite, Bananades, Battle Boonie, Cammy Jammies, Classy Capper, Commando Elite, Conaghers' Utility Idol, Conspicuous Camouflage, Crit Cloak, Croaking Hazard, D-eye-monds, Deity's Dress, Fat Man's Field Cap, Feathered Fiend, Fireman's Essentials, Forest Footwear, Heavy Harness, Himalayan Hair Shirt, Hot Huaraches, Hunter in Darkness, Jungle Jersey, Jungle Wreath, Kathman-Hairdo, Mannanas Hat, Mercenary Park, Monstrous Memento, Most Dangerous Mane, Never Forget Hat, Nuke, Pithy Professional, Pocket Saxton, Quizzical Quetzal, Rifleman's Regalia, Sacrificial Stone, Saxton, Sharp Chest Pain, Shellmet, Siberian Tigerstripe, Slithering Scarf, Transparent Trousers, Tropical Toad, Vitals Vest, War Eagle, and Yeti Park Hardhat.
March 28, 2018 Patch (Blue Moon Pack)
- Added Blizzard Britches, Punk's Pomp, Wipe Out Wraps, Private Maggot Muncher, Sky High Fly Guy, Veteran's Attire, Burning Question, Hot Case, Frag Proof Fragger, Starboard Crusader, Tsar Platinum, Cold Case, Scourge of the Sky, Aristotle, Assassin's Attire, Antarctic Eyewear, Head Hedge, Robin Walkers, and Tundra Top.
October 19, 2018 Patch (Scream Fortress X)
- Added Lucky Cat Hat, Mr. Quackers, Terror-antula, Defragmenting Hard Hat 17%, Mister Sentry Gun, the Tank Top, Athenian Attire, Pyro in Chinatown, Dressperado, Gaelic Glutton, Arachno-Arsonist, Mini-Engy, Vampire Vanquisher, Hephaistos' Handcraft, Olympic Leapers, Mann-O-War, Highway Star, Bandit's Boots, Murderer's Motif, Deadbeats, Crocodile Mun-Dee, Scoper's Scales, Dell in the Shell, and A Shell of a Mann.
- Renamed Mister Sentry to Aim Assistant.
December 19, 2018 Patch (Smissmas 2018)
- Added the Dumb Bell, Climbing Commander, Pocket Admin, Wise Whiskers, Pocket Pardner, the Catcher's Companion, the Crack Pot, Bread Heads, Paka Parka, Cool Capuchon, the Polar Pal, Millennial Mercenary, Mighty Mitre, Juvenile's Jumper, Miser's Muttonchops, Harry, Snowcapped, and Puggyback.
- Added LAN Downunder 2018 tournament medals.
- Added ETF2L 6v6 Season 31 tournament medals.
- Added ETF2L Highlander Season 17 tournament medals.
- Added Brazil Fortress Season 3 tournament medals.
- Added Russian Highlander Season 1 tournament medals.
- Added Sacred Scouts 6v6 tournament medals.
- Added AsiaFortress Season 14 tournament medals.
- Added AsiaFortress LAN 2018 tournament medals.
- Updated some of the cosmetic items from the Winter 2018 Cosmetics Collection to fix missing styles.
July 25, 2019 Patch (Summer 2019 Pack)
- Added Melted Mop, Brain Interface, Bottle Cap, Pompous Privateer, Shutterbug, Mediterranean Mercenary, Backbreaker's Guards, Stapler's Specs, Wanderer's Wear, Dancing Doe, Spawn Camper, Speedy Scoundrel, Wagga Wagga Wear, Kapitan's Kaftan, Backbreaker's Skullcracker, Dynamite Abs, Fiery Phoenix, Bare Necessities, Bobby Bonnet, Unforgiven Glory, Texas Toast, and Peacebreaker.
- Updated the Bottle Cap and the Shutterbug cosmetic items to fix styles that were missed when the items were originally added.
October 10, 2019 Patch (Scream Fortress XI)
- Added Mister Bones, Pyr'o Lantern, Racc Mann, Head of the Dead, Elizabeth the Third, Trick Stabber, El Zapateador, Horrible Horns, Skullbrero, Soviet Strongmann, Voodoo Vizier, Madmann's Muzzle, BINOCULUS!, Derangement Garment, Convict Cap, El Mostacho, Candy Cranium, Bat Hat, Pocket Halloween Boss, Party Poncho, Fuel Injector, and Bread Biter.
August 21, 2020 Patch (Summer 2020 Pack)
- Added Momma Kiev, Fire Fighter, Self-Care, Jarmaments, Sophisticated Smoker, Soda Specs, Poolside Polo, Crabe de Chapeau, California Cap, Bazaar Bauble, Head of Defense, Flatliner, Tools of the Tourist, Hazard Headgear, Bird's Eye Viewer, Breach and Bomb, Flamehawk, Loaf Loafers, Smoking Jacket, Hawk Warrior, Breadcrab, and Hypno-eyes.
October 1, 2020 Patch (Scream Fortress XII)
- Added Grounded Flyboy, Calamitous Cauldron, Semi-Tame Trapper's Hat, Semi-Tame Trapper's Hat, War Blunder, Fire Tooth, Flavorful Baggies, Seared Sorcerer, Treehugger, Mannvich, Ghoul Box, Goblineer, Pug Mug, Wavefinder, Rolfe Copter, Glow from Below, Boom Boxers, A Handsome Handy Thing, All Hallows' Hatte, Balloonicorpse, Eye-See-You, Gourd Grin, Handsome Devil, Hollowed Helm, Impish Ears, King Cardbeard, Misfortune Fedora, Sir Pumpkinton, and Wrap-A-Khamon.
December 3, 2020 Patch (Smissmas 2020)
- Added Round-A-Bout, Helm Helm, Bear Walker, BedBug Protection, SandMann's Brush, Blitzen Bowl, Elf Care Provider, Night Ward, Killing Tree, Candy Cantlers, Festive Fascinator, Festive Flip-Thwomps, Jolly Jingler, Particulate Protector, Professional's Pom-Pom, Reindoonibeanie, Shoestring Santa, Smissmas Sorcerer, Towering Pile of Presents, and Towering Pillar of Beanies.
June 22, 2021 Patch (Summer 2021 Pack)
- Added Ballooniphones, Manndatory Attire, Brim of Fire, Reel Fly Hat, Hook, Line, and Cinder, Water Waders, Sightliner, Snack Stack, Two Punch Mann, Wild Brim Slouch, Crocodile Dandy, Crustaceous Cowl, Fast Food, Meal Dealer, Fried Batter, Roaming Roman, Panisher, and Thousand-Yard Stare.
October 5, 2021 Patch (Scream Fortress XIII)
- Added Batter's Beak, Corpse Carrier, Poopy Doe, War Dog, Wandering Wraith, Smiling Somen, Miami Rooster, Death Stare, Hook, Line, and Thinker, Optic Nerve, Gruesome Gourd, Computron 5000, Trickster's Treats, Alakablamicon, Beanie The All-Gnawing, Bone Cone, Creepy Crawlers, Eyequarium, Goalkeeper, Hat Outta Hell, Scariest Mask EVER, Second-Head Headwear, Spooky Head-Bouncers, Towering Patch of Pumpkins, and Twisted Topper.
December 2, 2021 Patch (Smissmas 2021)
- Added Seasonal Employee, Elf Defense, Elf Ignition, Mooshanka, Train Of Thought, Festive Cover-Up, Brain Cane, Cozy Catchers, El Fiestibrero, Elf-Made Bandanna, Festive Frames, Giftcrafter, Gnome Dome, Hat Chocolate, Jolly Jester, Merry Cone, Oh Deer!, Ominous Offering, Reindoonihorns, and Seasonal Spring.
July 29, 2022 Patch (Summer 2022 Pack)
- Added Barefoot Brawler, Boston Brain Bucket, Chaser, Combat Casual, Decorated Veteran, Fizzy Pharmacist, Hawaiian Hangover, Hawaiian Hunter, Head Banger, Kazan Karategi, Lawnmaker, Monsieur Grenouille, Pest's Pads, Ripped Rider, Rocko, Soda Cap, Squatter's Right, Tactical Turtleneck, Team Player, Throttlehead, Tropical Camo, Undercover Brolly, and Western Wraps.
October 5, 2022 Patch (Scream Fortress XIV)
- Added Imp's Imprint, Masked Fiend, Cranial Cowl, Firearm Protector, Safety Stripes, Fire Breather, Magical Mount, Propaniac, Alcoholic Automaton, Bombard Brigadier, Nightbane Brim, Horror Shawl, Misha's Maw, Road Block, Road Rage, Cabinet Mann, Dustbowl Devil, More Gun Marshal, Pony Express, Lavish Labwear, Victorian Villainy, Headhunter's Brim, Hunting Cloak Turncoat, Beaten and Bruised, Onimann, and Starlight Sorcerer.
December 5, 2022 Patch (Smissmas 2022)
- Added Infiltrator's Insulation, Motley Sleeves, Bulb Bonnet, Firebrand, Partizan, Glasgow Bankroll, Plaid Lad, Heavy Heating, Ol' Reliable, Arctic Mole, Cool Warm Sweater, Soft Hard Hat, Underminer's Overcoat, Oktoberfester, Wooly Pulli, Crosshair Cardigan, Cold Blooded Coat, Frostbite Bonnet, Battle Bear, Colonel Kringle, Festive Rack, Lumbercap, and Trapper's Flap.
- When changing classes, the previous class's cosmetics may stay visually equipped and take priority over the changed-to cosmetics.
- Due to a glitch involving high latency, players may equip multiple cosmetics that cannot be normally equipped together.
- This can also be performed by leaving the cosmetic slots empty, disconnecting the internet (if possible), returning and selecting the cosmetics the user wants to combine and reconnects, the player will have their selection. However, if the player dies or touches a resupply, they will return to normal. This is due to the item server only losing connection after 10 seconds, so the player can trick the item server to apply cosmetics selected, not by confliction.
- When another player dies, there is a chance their hat will fall out of the ceiling or the floor.
- Some hats may be positioned wrong during the Sniper's melee taunt animation.
- On the History page on the official website and the Mac Update page, Valve refers to Team Fortress 2 as "America's #1 war-themed hat simulator", based on comments that the hats receive more attention than the gameplay itself.
- The Trophy Belt and Football Helmet were first seen in Meet the Spy prior to the official Sniper vs. Spy Update.
- A crafting recipe exists for smelting three Miscellaneous items into Scrap Metal in the game files. This recipe was once used when the only craftable miscellaneous item yet released was the Camera Beard, which dropped at the same rate as normal weapons. The recipe is currently disabled in-game.
- An unused Scout cosmetic named Bonk'n'Flash that was planned to be released on the Mann-Conomy Update was discarded due to copyright concerns.
- An unused Scout cosmetic named Bullseye's Head (which was the head of Bullseye from Monday Night Combat) was discarded because it was too large and visually disruptive.
- An unused Soldier cosmetic named Legionaire's Lid was added into the game files during the Mann-Conomy Update, but never actually appeared in the game.
- An unused Pyro cosmetic named Mummy Eyes was added into the game files during Scream Fortress 2013. It could be seen in the Halloween 2013 Community Bundle icon for a short time before it was removed.
- ↑ "The Mac Update!", posted 10 June 2010.
- ↑ "History", retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Sniper vs. Spy Update Bonus Day
- Classless Update - Official Hat Announcement
- Classless Update - An Editorial Cartoon of Some Insighte
- Classless Update - Barbary
- TF2 Official Blog - Incoming!
- TF2 Official Blog - Nice goin', pardner