The Cotton Head is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is a team-colored trilby hat with a darker, paintable band, two team-colored badges and a ribbon on the opposite side. The first square badge contains the words "Rattle Me Tones" and a generic death skull and crossbones with three music notes. The second circular badge and contains the words "Mann Club" with one music note. The Cotton Head has a darker color scheme when worn on the Pyro, Medic or Spy.
This cosmetic item has two styles. When painted, Style 1 colors the sash, and Style 2 colors the entire hat. When unpainted, the second style is a bit darker than first one.
The Cotton Head was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
|Style 1||Style 2|
This item has very little effect on its appearance when its styles are changed unless painted. A Deep Commitment to Purple paint is used here for demonstration purposes.
- The Cotton Head was added to the game.
- Updated models/materials for The Cotton Head.
- [Undocumented] Updated The Cotton Head to be equipable by all classes.
equip_regionsettings for the Cotton Head.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The name of the item is a reference to the track "Cotton Heads" by French band Caravan Palace.
- The "Rattle Me Tones" words on the one badge is a play on term "rattle me bones", which is an obsolete slang for "to play dice."
- "Rattle me bones" phrase is usually associated with a pirates, which is also referenced by skull and crossbones on the same badge.