The Cotton Head is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is a team-colored trilby hat with a darker band, two team-colored badges and a ribbon on the opposite side. The first square badge contains the words "Rattle Me Tones" and a generic death skull and crossbones with three music notes. The second circular badge and contains the words "Mann Club" with one music note. The Cotton Head has a darker color scheme when worn on the Pyro, Medic or Spy.
This item has two styles, named "Style 1" and "Style 2". When painted, "Style 1" colors the sash, and "Style 2" colors the entire hat. When unpainted, "Style 2" is a bit darker than "Style 1".
The Cotton Head was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
|Style 1||Style 2|
This item has very little effect on its appearance when its styles are changed unless painted. A Deep Commitment to Purple paint is used here for demonstration purposes.
- [Undocumented] The Cotton Head was added to the game.
- Updated models/materials for The Cotton Head.
- [Undocumented] Updated The Cotton Head to be equipable by all classes.
equip_regionsettings for the Cotton Head.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The name of the item is a reference to the track "Cotton Heads" by French band Caravan Palace.
- The "Rattle Me Tones" words on the one badge is a play on term "rattle me bones", which is an obsolete slang for "to play dice".
- "Rattle me bones" phrase is usually associated with pirates, which is also referenced by skull and crossbones on the same badge.
- A small note can be found underneath the hat, which reads "100% COTTON".