I am full of magic!
— The Medic while dabbling in the dark arts
The Crone's Dome is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is a worn black 'witch' hat with a torn front, which gives it the appearance of a smiling or laughing face. It also has a large team-colored patch on the back, and the top of the hat bounces around with the player's movements.
The Crone's Dome was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] The Crone's Dome was added to the game.
- Fixed several cosmetic items not cloaking properly for the Spy.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The Crone's Dome was contributed with self-illumination applied to the torn portions of the hat. Due to material errors, this never appears correctly in-game.
- When the Crone's Dome is painted with Team Spirit paint and the player is on the BLU team, the Crone's Dome changes to RED team's color after death.
- "Crone" refers to a character in folklore that is usually an old woman. These characters tend to be witches and wear hats similar to the Crone's Dome.