The Crone's Dome is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is a worn black 'witch' hat with a torn front, which gives it appearance of a smiling or laughing face. It also has a large team-colored patch on the back, and the top of the hat bounces around when the wearer moves.
The Crone's Dome was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "Loss of witches (Bastinda_2012)".
- The Crone's Dome was added to the game.
- Fixed several cosmetic items not cloaking properly for the Spy
- Updated the models/materials for The Crone's Dome.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The Crone's Dome was contributed with Self-illumination applied to the torn portions of the hat, but one of the textures has an error, causing this to not show up.
- When the Crone's Dome is painted with Team Spirit paint and the player is on the BLU team, the Crone's Dome will change to RED team's color after death.
- The Crone's Dome was submitted to the community-made Night of the Living Update 2.
- This item's original name referenced the witch Bastinda from Alexander Volkov's "The Wizard of the Emerald City" novel.
- "Crone" refers to a character in folklore that is usually an old woman. These characters tend to be witches and wear hats similar to the Crone's Dome.