The Crone's Dome is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is a worn black 'witch' hat with a torn front, which gives it appearance of a smiling or laughing face. It also has a large team-colored patch on the back, and the top of the hat bounces around when the wearer moves.
The Crone's Dome was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Crone's Dome was added to the game.
- Fixed several cosmetic items not cloaking properly for the Spy.
- Updated the models/materials for The Crone's Dome.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The Crone's Dome was contributed with Self-illumination applied to the torn portions of the hat, but one of the textures has an error, causing this to not show up.
- When the Crone's Dome is painted with Team Spirit paint and the player is on the BLU team, the Crone's Dome will change to RED team's color after death.
- The Crone's Dome was submitted to the community-made Night of the Living Update 2.
- This item's original name referenced the witch Bastinda from Alexander Volkov's "The Wizard of the Emerald City" novel.
- "Crone" refers to a character in folklore that is usually an old woman. These characters tend to be witches and wear hats similar to the Crone's Dome.