Dead of Night
The Dead of Night is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It turns each classes' clothes into a winter overcoat that features a dark team-colored paintable collar, lapels, cuffs and lining, with a dark, striped turtleneck sweater worn underneath. This cosmetic extends or adds sleeves for the Scout, Demoman, Heavy and Sniper, adds buttons for all classes except for the Sniper, Demoman and Engineer, and gives the Spy shoulder patches.
This item features four styles; when painted, the "Dark" style colors the coat's lapels, lining, and cuffs, while "Light" only colors the sweater underneath the coat. When unpainted, the "Light" style changes the cuffs, lapels and lining to be white. Both "Dark - Hide Grenades" and "Light - Hide Grenades" additionally removes the Soldier, Pyro, and Demoman's grenades from their chests.
The Dead of Night was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "Sir Manteau Chandail".
|Dark - Hide Grenades||Light - Hide Grenades||Dark||Light|
- The Dead of Night was added to the game.
- Updated the
equip_regionfor the Dead of Night.
- Updated models/materials for the Dead of Night.
- [Undocumented] Updated the Dead of Night to be equippable by all classes.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- "In the dead of night" is an idiom which means "in the middle of the night" or "in the middle of winter".
- It also references the Spy saying "This won't be the first corpse I've disposed of in the dead of night" at the start of a round on Helltower.