The Deadliest Duckling is a community-created promotional cosmetic item for the Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, and Sniper. It is a rubber duck with a black trilby, a matching suit, and a tie. The Duckling either sits in the pockets of the Engineer and Sniper, or replaces the Soldier's, Pyro's, and Demoman's chest grenades.
This item has two styles, named "Capone" and "Luciano". The "Luciano" style removes the suit.
- The Deadliest Duckling was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The Deadliest Duckling is now tradable, giftable, craftable, and available at Mann Co. Store.
- Updated the equip region for the Deadliest Duckling.
- The item is a reference to the rubber duck that is hidden as an easter egg in every Hitman game and many of the subsequent promotional images for the games, even making a cameo in the film adaptation. Their first appearance was in the first game in the series, Hitman: Codename 47, where, in order to get a mental patient to help you locate the TV room of the hospital, Agent 47 must first retrieve their rubber duck for them.
- The names of the Duckling's styles refer to two famous mob bosses during the prohibition era, Lucky Luciano and Al Capone.
- The item's description references the scene in The Godfather in which Jack Woltz finds the head of his horse in his bed.
- Hitman: Absolution
- Chief Constable
- Hitt Mann Badge
- Siberian Sophisticate
- That '70s Chapeau