|There can be only one!
— The Demoman slicing the neck of another Demoman
The Barbarian Swing, also known as Decapitation, is a kill taunt that activates upon taunting with the Eyelander, Half-Zatoichi, Claidheamh Mòr, Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker, Persian Persuader, or Nessie's Nine Iron equipped. The Demoman twirls his sword behind his back, leading to a horizontal slash that slices off the head of anyone slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be in the way. The Demoman concludes his short swipe by bringing his blade back and wiping down its length with his fingers. Only a single target can be affected by the kill taunt at one time, even if multiple enemies stand in the same spot.
The decapitation will kill anyone caught within range (128 Hammer Units, past which it has no effect) as the blade swings across them, rewarding the Demoman with a new head to his collection if he has the Eyelander, Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker, or Nessie's Nine Iron equipped. However, a kill with the decapitation will not contribute to any achievements involving performing kills with the Eyelander. Killing someone with this taunt is considered "honorable" by the Half-Zatoichi, and will allow the user to sheath his weapon without taking damage, as well as filling health.
As with most kill taunts, this taunt can be used to kill enemy players during a stalemate or humiliation, despite being visibly disarmed.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Ranged or Melee damage?
| Medium range
| Long range
||5.2 s 
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
December 17, 2009 Patch (WAR! Update)
- The taunt was added to the game.
December 18, 2009 Patch
- Fixed a server crash caused by the Demoman taunt kill.
March 15, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the Demoman taunt not working correctly when the Half-Zatoichi is the active weapon.
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
- Fixed taunt kills made with a Katana not counting towards honorbound kills.
June 3, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] The taunt was assigned to the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker and the Claidheamh Mòr.
July 2, 2012 Patch
- Fixed decapitations creating head gibs in Low Violence and Pyrovision.
- This taunt, when performed successfully, will always force the victim to perform their respective headshot death animation.
- There is an unused model located in game files, which depicts a cleanly "decapitated" neck, located in the Soldier directory. Whether this model was meant to appear in game, or on an update page in the case of a Demoman victory during the WAR! Update is unknown.
, Scottish Handshake
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Golden Frying Pan
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
, Prinny Machete
) · Eyelander
(Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker
, Nessie's Nine Iron
) · Pain Train · Scotsman's Skullcutter · Ullapool Caber · Claidheamh Mòr · Half-Zatoichi · Persian Persuader