It's Eternaween! The eternal Halloween! Your calendar... has gone insane!
The Enchantment: Eternaween is a single-use tool item that can be used to enable Halloween/Full Moon restricted items to use on a registered server for two hours, though it is required that other players give consent to it being activated. Successfully passing a vote triggers voice lines from Merasmus. Voting must be enabled on servers for this item to work.
October 29, 2013 Patch (Scream Fortress 2013)
- The Enchantment: Enternaween was added to the game.
November 11, 2013 Patch
- The Eternaween server enchantment can now be used to call a server vote to enable Halloween items on that server for a two-hour period.
November 12, 2013 Patch
- Added a server cooldown period for Eternaween votes.
- Fixed some Halloween spells not working during Eternaween.
September 10, 2014 Patch
- Updated the Eternaween vote so it cannot be initiated by clients without using the Eternaween.
October 1, 2014 Patch
- [Undocumented] Renamed "Enchantment: Eternaween" to "Eternaween".
March 12, 2015 Patch
- [Undocumented] Renamed "Eternaween" to "Enchantment: Eternaween".
- Occasionally, the Eternaween spell will not allow the player to use it, even if all the conditions apply.
- Sometimes it won't let the player call a vote at all.
- This can be fixed by restarting Team Fortress 2.