|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
Notes: None added
I have considered an appropriate punishment for the good-for-nothings responsible for this horrendous breach of conduct. Death, of course—but death is too good for disappointments such as these.
— The Administrator on exploiters
An exploit is a bug or unintended feature of gameplay that is deliberately and knowingly used by the player to gain an advantage. For example, if a bug enables a player to be immune to damage and a player knowingly uses it, it is an exploit. In contrast, bugs or problems which either do not affect gameplay or that are not intentionally triggered are classified as glitches.
- 1 General Exploits
- 1.1 T Posing / A Posing
- 1.2 Projectile Wallbang
- 1.3 Instant Respawn
- 1.4 Fake Partner taunt
- 1.5 Warp Glitching
- 1.6 Reverse Quantum Crouch
- 1.7 Fake Latency
- 1.8 Equip Conflicting Cosmetics
- 1.9 Cloaked Spy Revealer
- 1.10 Anti Autobalance
- 1.11 Doubletap glitching
- 1.12 Crouch Speed Boost
- 1.13 Self Votekick
- 1.14 Edgebug
- 1.15 Jumpbug
- 1.16 sv_pure bypass
- 2 File overriding
- 3 Console Version
- 4 Steam Version
- 4.1 By Class
- 4.2 Map Specific
- 5 Patched Exploits in Steam Version
- 6 Update history
- 7 See also
- 8 References
T Posing / A Posing
Under certain circumstances, the player can enter the Civilian pose.
- Scout: This can be done by equipping the Mad Milk, then suicide while holding the Mad Milk. After you respawn, hold the primary attack key, and pick up the Mad Milk you dropped when you suicided before.
- Soldier: Equip any Banner. Deal enough damage to fill the rage fully. Make sure you aren't in spawn, and change your secondary to the base jumper. Blow the banner and hold left click. While holding left click walk into the resupply cabinet.
- Pyro: Equip any flamethrower other than the phlog and kill yourself while holding it. When you respawn empty your ammo by airblasting. When you reach 0 hold right click and pick up your previous flamethrower.
- Demoman: Equip the base jumper and any stickylauncher. Walk out of spawn and equip any shield. Walk back into spawn and into the resupply cabinet while holding out the stickylauncher.
- Heavy: Kill yourself while holding out your Minigun. When you respawn empty your ammo on your Minigun and when you reach 0 keep holding down left click. Pick up your old Minigun.
- Sniper: Kill yourself while holding the Jarate. When you respawn throw the Jarate and do not release left click. While holding down left click, pick up the Jarate you dropped earlier.
- All-class: Have a friendly Engineer build a Dispenser and kill yourself either inside or next to it. When you respawn go to the Dispenser, then stand inside of it and press the action key to pick up the weapon you dropped.
- Sometimes projectiles, such as but not limited to flame particles from any flamethrower and taunt kills, can travel through the door gates used mostly on Payload maps, due to clipping issues.
- This exploit allows for instantly teleporting back to spawn without suiciding.
Fake Partner taunt
- This exploit allows for faking a partner taunt, so players attempting to accept the partner taunt will fail.
- Spamming certain commands allows for warp like effects, however you are unable to hold a warp after charging, as you immediately teleport after charging.
- Warning: This exploit may crash or hang the game for low end computers.
Reverse Quantum Crouch
- This exploit allows the player to appear standing while crouched.
- Using certain commands will freeze your client, causing your ping to increase after the game finishes freezing
- However, the real ping can still be seen by typing 'ping' into the in-game console.
- Warning: This exploit may crash or hang the game for low end computers.
Equip Conflicting Cosmetics
- This exploit allows for wearing conflicting cosmetics.
- Step 1: Join any server.
- Step 2: Unequip all of your cosmetics.
- Step 3: Equip one of the cosmetics you want to conflict in the second slot.
- Step 4: Open console (~) and type "+quickswitch"
- Step 5: Close console (~), press 6 on your keyboard and choose the second hat you want to conflict in the quickswitch menu.
- Step 6: Open console again and type: "-quickswitch"
- Step 7: Close the console.
- Note: This exploit was fixed by Valve in the September 26, 2022 Patch and reverted in the September 28, 2022 Patch.
Cloaked Spy Revealer
- This exploit uses the same method as the Warp exploit, however you do not need to move, nor do you need to spam the command (one press is enough). The Spy will appear uncloaked (but still disguised) for a fraction of a second before disappearing.
- Warning: This exploit may crash or hang the game for low end computers.
- By typing a certain command in the console before you get autobalanced, you can avoid being autobalanced and reconnect back to your original team prior to reconnecting.
- However, this command will reset all of your stats you earned before you used the command.
- Similar to warping, spamming the command used for warping allows for doubletap like effects.
- However, this exploit is not viable in-game, as you will have a fraction of a second to aim before you can doubletap.
- You will also need to stop pressing movement keys while the game is frozen, otherwise you will teleport to the location where you were holding the movement key.
Crouch Speed Boost
- While crouching, holding w and spamming a or d repeatedly will give a 33% movement boost.
- This exploit is only useful when combined with the Reverse quantum crouch exploit, or when playing as a friendly.
- This exploit allows you to votekick yourself.
- Step 1: Open console (~) and type "status"
- Step 2: Find your nickname, there should be a number before it.
- Step 3: Type in without brackets "callvote kick (your number)".
- This exploit allows for nullifying fall damage by sliding off of an edge or a ramp.
- This exploit allows for nullifying fall damage by holding crouch midair, release crouch before hitting the floor, and jump the instant you touch the floor.
- This exploit allows for bypassing certain sv_pure restrictions by loading a map with sv_pure -1 before joining a game.
- However, only certain modifications can be bypassed, such as animations.
The game has a console variable
sv_pure that controls which files clients are allowed to override. By default, a server uses sv_pure 0 unless the server manager decides otherwise. This can be abused to use tampered materials that render on top of walls and other trickery.
There are four modes for the variable:
- Does not apply any rules or restrictions which files the client may load
- Applies the rules from cfg/pure_server_minimal.txt only (forcing the purity of only a few critical files such as the executables)
- Applies the rules from cfg/pure_server_full.txt and then the ones from cfg/pure_server_whitelist.txt (forcing the purity of the files chosen by the server manager)
- Applies the rules from cfg/pure_server_full.txt. (forcing all files to be pure)
Exploits that are present in the console version of Team Fortress 2.
Exploits that only work on specific classes.
- "Needle Boosting" involves a player standing over a Medic, who then proceeds to shoot their Syringe Gun upward as the player jumps. Due to a physics error, the Medic's Syringe Gun needles propel the target upward.
Building and Engineer Exploits
- An Engineer can constantly use their Teleporter to farm points, as they are awarded one half-point for every time they take their own Teleporter.
Exploits that are map specific, these can usually get players out of bounds or get into enemy spawns. Exploits that are present in the Steam version work on console as well.
- Entering Enemy's Spawn In both bases, an Engineer can build a Teleporter using the hole which lets players leave the left spawn room. They must build a Sentry Gun under the hole and jump onto it, then crouch jump whilst repeatedly attempting to build a Teleporter Exit inside the spawn room, which enemy Spies can use to enter the base. This exploit works as there is no
func_nobuildbrush stopping Engineers from building from under the spawn.
- Entering Enemy's Spawn 2 A hole in the lower, right side of the No Enter symbol for BLU's base (the one next to the haystacks) can be used by RED players to get into the BLU spawn room.
- Pointless Room - There is a spot in each Intelligence room, where a player can get other players stuck. This is a dead-end, because players cannot escape, unless they suicide. By building a Dispenser on the left wall of the left corridor (the one facing the Intelligence) and then by using the "jump through roofs" exploits to build a Teleporter Exit, a player can trap other players on their team. Enemies cannot be damaged from here.
- Spawn Building - RED Engineers can build inside their spawn area by crouching on the office chair and facing the computer panel to its right. Once the vertical position of the blueprint changes to match the visible height of the panel (which only occurs in a particular spot), the Engineer can place their construction at a specific mid-air point (this essentially means repeatedly jumping while spamming the keys bound to Crouch and Primary Fire). (Fixed in Steam version, present in 360 and PS3 versions)
- Hiding in barrels - By standing or running into a breakable barrel while shooting at it, the player will phase through the barrel and be partly hidden. You can run out of it at any point but it requires you to redo the process to get back in it. This can also block enemy attacks until the barrel breaks.
Exploits that are present in the Steam version of Team Fortress 2.
Exploits that only work on specific classes.
- With the Flying Guillotine, if the player runs towards a thin wall and throws the projectile, the projectile can go through the wall.
- With the Boston Basher, if the player initiates a melee attack facing an enemy within range, but does not hit the enemy after the swing has finished, the Scout will not receive any self damage.
- After gaining a full rage meter for any banner item (Buff Banner, Battalion's Backup, or Concheror), equipping a different banner and blowing the horn while touching a resupply locker will transfer the rage to that banner.
- The Cow Mangler 5000 can be fired through thin walls. This is mostly noticeable in Thunder Mountain's spawn gates.
- The Kamikaze taunt can be used to kill enemies on the other side of a closed setup gate or a thin wall without being killed.
- The Beggar's Bazooka can be loaded to 3 rockets, and if you taunt, you store the rockets until that taunt is ended. Taunts that make a player interact (High Five!, Conga, etc.) will only let the rockets from the Beggar's Bazooka fire once someone interacts or the taunt is cancelled.
- Using any of the Flamethrowers and firing in a downwards position will sometimes cause flame particles to go through thin walls, such as setup gates, and ignite players on the other side of the gate.
- This can also be done by being inside another friendly player while shooting, and allows for you to fire at any angle.
- The Flare Gun, Detonator, and Scorch Shot projectiles may sometimes be able to launch itself through thin walls if aimed at the right place.
- Taunting with the Balloonibouncer in front of a wall will cause the player to submerge into the wall, causing the Pyro to be not visible or to be visible on the other side of the wall if the wall is thin enough.
- Using the Dragon's Fury you can shoot through any spawn gates.
- An exploit using the Thermal Thruster allows the player to equip a different secondary weapon while still having the stomping damage ability and the heavily reduced fall damage attribute that is gained from the use of a jetpack charge. However, the player will be susceptible to being mini-crit by the Direct Hit whether if they are airborne or not (until death) and the distinct "flying" sound while midair from a Rocket Jumper rocket jump will continuously loop (until death or the use of the snd_restart command) due to the game still thinking they are airborne from performing the exploit.
- Under certain conditions, the Scorch Shot taunt is guarenteed to be a crit consistently.
- Performing a reverse Schrodinger's Crouch will render the player immune to Sentry Gun fire while crouching.
- However at certain angles, it is still possible for a Sentry Gun to damage you.
- If a Heavy is changing his loadout in a loadout closet while inside the Dispenser, he is not able to attack.
Building and Engineer Exploits
- If an Engineer switches to a different Wrench while having the Gunslinger equipped, holding an undeployed Mini Sentry Gun toolbox inside of a spawn room, the player can still place down a Mini-Sentry Gun.
- Using the Short Circuit you can shoot through any spawn gates.
- An Engineer can use a Payload cart to push himself inside his own buildings, allowing the Engineer to perform a Stucklaunch.
- A player can get an infinite Killstreak without ending an enemy Spy's Killstreak if the Spy feigns death with the Dead Ringer.
- If the Spy is near the enemy spawn, and changes his loadout, he can instantly respawn in his own spawn.
Exploits that are map specific, these can usually get players out of bounds or get into enemy spawns.
- A Heavy wielding an all-class melee weapon can suicide on the cart, then another Heavy wielding any kind of Glove can pick up the dropped melee weapon, resulting in the heavy dropping the gloves into the world. The model for the various forms of gloves can be placed into the cart by repetitively switching between the two weapons, until the glove model is stuck into the train, separating the platform from the train, and the head of the train keeps moving while the platform is stopped. (so long as the BLU team stays on the disconnected platform.)
- A RED Engineer can build a teleporter in the final spawnroom near the Resupply cabinet which makes it possible for BLU Spies to get into the RED spawn room.
- Snipers can shoot through a window frame near the last control point.
- Li'l Chew Chew can be glitched so that the platform will be far behind the actual engine. This lets the BLU team push the train without being near the engine.
- When the final point is capped, any BLU players who were set to respawn at that time will appear in RED's final spawn room, instead of BLU's intended final spawn room.
- Players can camp RED team's second spawn (BLU's 3rd) by using sticky bombs and firing at the top of a wall where the invisible walls cause the bombs to fall into the spawn area.
- Engineers can place buildings in the pit at the end of the map, allowing players to teleport there.
- Holding Enemy Spawn Doors Open - Both teams can hold open the enemy's spawn door at the hay room by running into it while it is open. Should a member of the RED team attempt this, there is a chance for the player to get stuck in the door, unable to move, and end up getting dragged up and down with the door as the BLU team enters and leaves the spawn area.
- Airduct Stickies - A Demoman can shoot stickies into the airducts of either team's Basement area. Sometimes the stickies aren't completely hidden, as the space in the airducts are thin.
- BLU 1st Spawn
- The tall pillar of rock in the middle of the respawn wall has a small place to stand on near the top. Soldiers and Demomen can camp up here.
- The corner rock by the leftmost exit can have a sentry placed if the Engineer has the Wrangler and sentry jumps there.
- Final Checkpoint
- Right before the ramp down to the final checkpoint by the map room is a small roof. Sentry Guns and Teleporters can be built on this roof.
- Between the 2 upper spawn doors in the corner above the lower spawn and health pack room is a small ledge. Sentry Guns and Teleporters can be built there.
- The Pyro was able to suicide on the final point and his flamethrower would fall through the last point and it would detonate it. This has since been patched.
- It is possible for a Pyro using any flamethrower to attack any enemies that are sitting on point A from behind the sliding steel door.
Well (Control Point) and Well (Capture the Flag)
- Glitched Area - Backroom (Final Control points in
cp_welland Intelligence room in
ctf_well) - Allows Soldiers, Demomen, and Engineers to get into the roof area and on the beams. It is unconfirmed if this is an exploit or not as both teams can use it, higher areas are blocked by invisible walls and this hasn't been fixed by Valve, despite it having been in the game for a long time.
- Infinite Kamikaze Taunt - If a Soldier goes under one of the bridges in the middle he can repeatedly perform the Kamikaze taunt without dying. This can also be used by a Medic with the Meet the Medic (taunt), potentially crashing the server.
- Taunt kill through floor - If a Soldier can get to the stairway, (the one under the health and ammo, second RED spawn) and rocket jump to a ledge, the Soldier and use the Equalizer or Escape Plan can kill players on the RED team. Standing in the right place won't kill you, despite the Kamikaze taunt doing so elsewhere.
- Attacking first from last - On the path right outside the building housing the last point, it is possible to shoot over the wall into BLU's first spawn, as well as onto the path between the cart's initial position and the first point. However, this is extremely inefficient as only certain projectile weapons can achieve this alone.
- Bonk Scout - If a Scout drinks bonk and intercepts, he can still carry the ball while under the influence of bonk.
- Entering Enemy's Spawn - In the third map rotation, an Engineer can build a teleporter on the scale and let enemy Spies into the spawnroom.
- There is a rock formation between the waterfall and the small health kit that has bugged collision. You can jump inside the rock, which can allow Snipers to easily kill enemies on the point, without being sniped themselves.
- Keep in mind that bullets can still pass through the rock, so enemies can shoot you if they know you are there.
- One of the spawnroom doors isn't properly set up to disallow building.
Patched Exploits in Steam Version
A list of some notable exploits patched within the Steam version of TF2.
|Title||Description||Exists on Steam||Exists on 360||Exists on PS3|
|Bunny Hopping||A jumping technique that allowed players to move faster than they should by bypassing the velocity cap.||No||No||Yes|
|Backstab no disguise break||Whereby a Spy could backstab while retaining their disguise.||No||Yes||Yes|
|Cloaked backstab||Whereby a Spy could backstab while remaining Cloaked.||No||No||Yes|
|Critical hit storing||Whereby players are able to store Critical hits in their weapon.||No||No||Yes|
|Crouch jump||Whereby players are able to build Teleporters in places that they should not be able to, such as spawn rooms.||No||No||No|
|config.cfg rebinding||Whereby players could use an external program to rebind controls to console commands, could also be used to open the developer console on the console versions.||Never Existed||No||Yes|
|Heavy Minigun Rev||Whereby a Heavy was able to run and simultaneously rev up or fire their Minigun.||No||No||Yes|
|Huntsman quick reload||By switching to a different weapon and quickly switching back, it was possible to reload the Huntsman faster than intended.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Item Schema manipulation||An exploit that had been found by Gamemaster1379 on Reddit, he was able to edit the game files to change the data of the Giftapult to work as a Mann Co. Supply Crate Key, essentially allowing them to open any crate for 10c. it had been able to work since 2010 but was later patched in 2014.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Infinite Sentry health||Whereby a Spy and an Engineer working together can infinitely increase the health of a Sentry Gun by using the Red-Tape Recorder||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Infinite Heavy overheal||Whereby a Heavy could use a Dalokohs Bar and the Gloves of Running Urgently to infinitely increase his overheal.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Infinite Frontier Justice crits||An Engineer that had revenge Crits on the Frontier Justice could abuse a loadout-related glitch to gain infinite Crits for all weapons, including ones that don't normally Crit (such as the Southern Hospitality).||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Infinite Scout jump||If a Scout enters the Civilian pose or "Reference pose", the Scout will be able to infinitely jump.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Infinite Teleporter health||Whereby an Engineer could infinitely increase the health of a Teleporter by moving and destroying the entrance.||No||No||No|
|Invisible buildings||Any Engineer picking up a building and immediately taunting would be able to use the weapon they taunted with whilst holding this building. If placed back down with the "build x" commands, these buildings would be invisible, leaving only the sentry shadow, Dispenser screen or teleporter effect.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Invisible Sappers||Spies can place Sappers on Buildings while being invisible. They can use the Red-Tape Recorder to make the sentry unbuild itself without having the Engineer being able to fix it.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Level 3 Combat Mini-Sentry||Whereby an Engineer could build a Combat Mini-Sentry that fires rockets by building a Level 3 Sentry Gun, switching to Gunslinger (either by respawning or using resupply lockers), then re-deploying the Sentry Gun. The resulted Sentry Gun would take only 2.5 seconds to build like a Combat Mini-Sentry, but fired rockets like a normal Sentry Gun.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Melee damage stacking||Whereby players could attack and then instantly switch to another weapon and back again, making the next attack with the melee weapon land instantly, and stack on the attack they were already making.||No||No||Yes|
|Multiple buildings||Several methods where the Engineer (or in some cases the Spy) could build multiple copies of all his buildings.||No||No||No|
|Multiple buildings #2||An Engineer could pick up a building with the "Automatically respawn after loadout changes in respawn zones" option and change their loadout hereby glitching them into having a building being "carried" and allowing the Engineer to build multiple buildings using the "build x" commands.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Multiple buildings #3||Whereby an Engineer can build an unlimited number of buildings by using the commands, "build 0 x", "build 1 x", and "build 2 x" (where x is the number of the building), and a Spy can build an unlimited number of Dispensers using "build 0 x" (where x is the number of the building).||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Needle Boosting||Whereby players could be boosted by the Medic's Syringe Gun needles.||No||Yes||Yes|
|Occlusion visualization cheat (cvar)||Allowed players to make use of the built-in Performance UI to enable visible occluders which would let you then see through walls.||No||No||No|
|Payload cart upgrading||Where BLU Engineers could "upgrade" the Dispenser on the cart by hitting where the blue stream comes out of the pipe on the cart, allowing it to dispense health faster than normal.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Payload last point early explosion||A player can continuously swap weapons on top of last point until weapon falls through hole and explodes with no Cart needed, causes the Cart to be invisible.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Permanent ÜberCharge||Whereby a disconnected Medic could continue to ÜberCharge his target indefinitely.||No||No||Yes|
|Permanent ÜberCharge #2||Whereby a Medic is able to give himself an ever-lasting ÜberCharge for the rest of the round. It requires a player to have unlocked the Kritzkrieg, and is done by switching to the Kritzkrieg whilst deploying the Über in the team respawn room. This can also be done the opposite way around - by switching to the Medi Gun, giving the player infinite Critical hits for the rest of the round. Standing near a Dispenser (or Payload while attacking), healing a teammate, or being healed by a teammate will however end the charge.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Permanent Atomic Punch||Where a Scout becomes permanently under the effect of Bonk! Atomic Punch by drinking the item while moving into a supply cabinet.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Permanent Atomic Punch #2||Where a Scout becomes permanently under the effect of Bonk! Atomic Punch by drinking the item and disconnecting from the internet.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Permanent Regeneration||By disconnecting from the server mid-taunt with the Amputator, the healing effect would stay on all in the healing radius (through death and class change), until they disconnected or the map changed.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Powerjack afterburn heal||A Pyro could switch to the Powerjack before an ignited enemy died from afterburn and still get the +75 health.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Quantum crouch||Where crouching was used to see outside of the playable area. This could be exploited to place buildings at invalid locations.||No||Yes||Yes|
|Sapper wall sap||Whereby a Spy could attach a Sapper to enemy buildings through thin walls.||No||No||Yes|
|Surviving Kamikaze taunt||Performing the Kamikaze taunt with the Rocket Jumper equipped to the primary slot will allow the Soldier to survive the taunt with no blast damage. This was removed and later re-implemented as a feature.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Stuck PASS Time jack||On Warehouse, if someone throws the ball between the crates and the wall, the ball can no longer be scored for either team.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Spectator Halloween gift grab||Briefly during the 2010 Halloween event, it was possible to pick up gifts whilst in spectator mode simply by running the free camera into them.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Spectator earn achievements||Whereby players could complete achievements by spectating other players who earned them.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Teleporter door block||Allowed Engineer players to block spawn doors with the help of Teleporters.||No||No||Yes|
|Teleport Intelligence||An exploit that allowed a player to teleport with the intelligence by dropping it next to the Teleporter, then picking it up as they were teleported.||No||Yes||Yes|
|Teleporter point gain||Whereby an Engineer could earn himself large amounts of points by using his own teleporter repeatedly.||No||Yes||Yes|
|The Classic floating lasers||A Sniper using The Classic can commit suicide after charging the shot, leaving the laser in midair. Doing this repeatedly could crash the server.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
|Teleporter behind RED bamboo||On Suijin, it is possible for an Engineer to build a teleporter exit behind the bamboo across from the front spawn door on the RED side of the map, trapping them. Does not happen to the BLU side.||No||Never Existed||Never Existed|
- Fixed teleporter/spawn doorway exploit.
- Fixed a Spy backstab exploit where you could stab a player who was not facing away from you.
- Added anti-bunny hopping code.
- Fixed a weapon switching exploit that allowed Snipers to fire slightly faster than intended.
- Fixed exploit that allowed players to teleport with the intelligence.
- Fixed several melee weapon switching exploits.
- Fixed exploit where spectators could spawn into the world without actually joining a team.
- Fixed an exploit that would allow players to jump out of the map in Hydro.
- Fixed jump/taunt exploit.
- Took a more aggressive approach to solving the exploit that would allow players to get underneath terrain in Team Fortress 2.
- Fixed exploit where the Medi Gun ÜberCharge wouldn't drain if you switched weapons.
- Fixed Sniper quick-switch exploit allowing them to avoid zoom/unzoom times.
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to spawn into the enemy territory at the start of a round.
- Fixed Badlands exploits and missing textures.
- Plugged an exploit where the server could send executable code to the client.
April 29, 2008 Patch (Gold Rush Update)
- Fixed exploit where clients could start benchmark mode on servers.
- Fixed drowning exploit that allowed players to regenerate health.
- Fixed reload exploit that allowed plays to fire instantly after switching weapons.
- Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements.
- Fixed a clip brush exploit outside blue Sniper deck on 2Fort.
- Fixed potential "nuke" exploit in rcon subsystem.
- Fixed exploit where players could drop weapons onto the ground for other players to pickup.
- Fixed loadout exploit.
- Fixed setinfo exploit that allowed restricted convars to be set while connected to a server.
- Fixed "jointeam unassigned" exploit.
- Fixed being able to respawn during the chat time before a level change.
- Prevented some exploits based on mat_dxlevel being changed in-game.
- Fixed an exploit where the Huntsman could be reloaded faster than intended.
- Fixed Spies being able to disguise while performing a taunt.
- Fixed the Engineer being able to build more than one of each type of building.
- Fixed a bug that allowed sapped buildings to be picked up by the Engineer.
- Fixed an exploit where Engineers could create level 3 mini-Sentry Guns.
- Fixed a bug where Teleporters could be given more than their normal amount of health.
- Fixed a speed exploit related to benchmarks.
- Fixed a Sentry Gun exploit that let Engineers build multiple sentries.
- Fixed Engineers being able to build level 3 mini-sentries using The Wrangler.
- Fixed another Sentry Gun exploit that let Engineers build multiple sentries.
- Fixed Engineers being able to build level 3 mini-sentries using The Wrangler for real this time.
- Fixed Engineers being able to destroy sapped buildings by issuing the command directly in the console.
- Fixed a server crash exploit caused by malformed network packets.
February 24, 2011 Patch (Community Map Pack Update)
- Fixed another server crash exploit caused by malformed network packets.
March 10, 2011 Patch (Shogun Pack)
- Fixed clients being able to use particle exploits on sv_pure servers.
- Removed ConVars "r_portalscloseall" and "r_flashlight_version2" to fix a wallhack exploit.
- [Undocumented] Fixed an exploit with the Chargin' Targe that allowed greater turning control than intended.
- Fixed an exploit with the Heavy's Buffalo Steak Sandvich.
- Various clipping and exploit fixes on Barnblitz.
- Fixed an infinite crits exploit using The Diamondback
- Fixed a server crash exploit caused by invalid player viewangles.
- Fixed several exploit areas on Upward.
- An exploit with non-printable characters causing lag on Windows servers has been fixed.
- Various geometry fixes on Frontier.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed untradable items to be traded with Steam trading.
- Fixed a teleporter griefing position near control point B on Upward.
- Fixed an exploit with The Eureka Effect and The Phlogistinator where the effects could activate without taunting in high-lag situations.
- Fixed a Spy-cicle exploit.
- Fixed Nobuild exploits on Foundry.
- Adjusted Blue team's func_respawnroom in stage 1 to be flush against the door on Dustbowl.
- Fixed being able to place buildings in nobuild zones.
- Fixed Red team Pyros being able to grief teammates by attacking them with the flamethrower and then switching to team Spectator during the attack.
- Fixed a bug that allowed buildings to be built in nobuild/respawn volumes.
- Fixed exploit that allowed Beggar's Bazooka to indefinitely hold rockets in the chamber without misfiring.
- Engineers can no longer build Teleporters behind the spawn on Doomsday.
- Fixed exploit where the Scorch Shot could fire its short range kill pellet at the very beginning of the taunt.
- Fixed a Medi Gun exploit that could leave players indefinitely invulnerable.
- Added nobuild to stairs on center building where Engineers could build out of reach of Sentry Busters.
- Fixed an exploit on Mannworks to prevent players from getting to normally unreachable areas.
- Fixed an Mann vs. Machine exploit that allowed permanent ubercharge/critboost effects on non-Mann-Up servers.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to be permanently invulnerable.
- Fixed exploit where players could be pushed into enemy spawn rooms by the Payload cart.
- Fixed a ConVar exploit that allowed malformed values to circumvent range checks.
- Fixed a case where a Medic deploying Kritzkrieg on a Spy would sometimes result in permanent crit boost.
- Fixed a noclip exploit related to dueling and coaching.
- Fixed an exploit where teleporters could build up a large amount of health.
- Fixed a case where move speeds could be exploited using player angles.
- Fixed an exploit related to Bonk! Atomic Punch and Crit-a-Cola.
- Fixed a bug related to cancelling the Eureka Effect taunt and teleporting immediately.
- Fixed an exploit where Engineers could build level 3 mini-Sentry Guns.
- Fixed an exploit where players could circumvent successful kick votes.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed item nametags to go beyond the 40 character limit.
- Fixed an exploit related to clients uploading files to servers.
- Fixed another exploit that allowed clients to have an out-of-date, corrupt, or modified version of items_game.txt.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to remove the ghost condition.
- Fixed players using the tiny-melee-only curse to get outside of the playable area of the map.
- Fixed the Rescue Ranger being able pick-up buildings through walls.
- Fixed Engineers being able to pick-up buildings during Merasmus's third-person curses.
- Fixed an exploit that involved players killing teammates with the meteor spell by switching to Spectator.
- Fixed a bug that allowed weapons to be equipped in invalid loadout slots.
- Fixed an exploit related to the "connect" command allowing servers to redirect clients when they should not be able to.
- Fixed an exploit related to material
.vmtfiles and playing on servers using
- Fixed an exploit where clients could bypass the name change timer.
- Fixed an exploit related to the Gunslinger and hitting teammates to generate a guaranteed third hit that is critical.
June 2, 2015 Patch (Gun Mettle Update)
- Fixed a .wav file exploit
- Fixed a .bsp file exploit
- Fixed an exploit related to placing buildings outside of the playable space.
- Fixed a case where crouching was used to see outside of the playable area. This could be exploited to place buildings at invalid locations.
- Fixed an exploit where players could remain Übercharged beyond the normal time period.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for a Scout to Infinitely jump using the Civilian pose due to the 3/28/2018 Update.
July 25, 2019 Patch (Summer 2019 Pack)
- Fixed and(sic) exploit where stickybombs could not be destroyed or pushed by the enemy team.
- Fixed an exploit related to the Heavy being invisible.
- Fixed a server crash exploit.
- Fixed Heavy exploit related to infinite overheal.
- Added check to prevent players without admin access using the dump_all_caches server command
- Kick votes will end early and automatically pass if the vote target leaves the match during the vote
- Fixed an exploit related to players impersonating other Steam accounts
- Fixed an exploit related to creating unnamed Normal quality items
- Fixed the Heavy being able to crouch and jump while stunned
- ↑ Earliest record YouTube - Meet the infinite overheal Heavy (Jungle Inferno update) [FIXED] (2017-10-23), retrieved 2017-10-21.
- ↑ LotusClanChannel YouTube - Building a dispenser on the payload cart (2008-12-12), retrieved 2010-10-22.