The Flipped Trilby is a community-created cosmetic item for the Scout. It is a team-colored trilby hat with a black band worn backwards, the back end of the rim folded down in a uniform ring, and the creases on the crown smoothed out.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
- The Flipped Trilby was added to the game.
- The Flipped Trilby was made paintable.
- The Flipped Trilby was added to the Mann Co. Store, made craftable and included in random drops.
- [Undocumented] The Flipped Trilby can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- Paint texture for the Flipped Trilby was fixed.
- Broken texture for the Flipped Trilby was fixed.
- The name "trilby" is derived from the stage adaptation of George du Maurier's 1894 novel "Trilby".
- Trilbies were most popular in the 1960s. After fading out of fashion in the 1970s, their popularity surged once more in the 1980s, capitalizing on a retro fashion trend.
- This item was originally created in the Fancy vs. Nasty Update and since has been officially added to the game.