Words cannot express how much I hate France right now!
— The Soldier expressing his love for Spy's fashion
The Frenchman's Beret is a community-created cosmetic item for the Spy. It is a team-colored artist's beret, with two miniature paint brushes criss-crossing on the left side.
The item's description was written by SoulDestroy for the Hat Describing Contest, and was slightly edited by Valve.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
May 20, 2010 Patch (Second Community Contribution Update)
- The Frenchman's Beret was added to the game.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Frenchman's Beret.
- [Undocumented] The Frenchman's Beret can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- [Undocumented] Added the Frenchman's Beret to the Mann Co. Store.
- The Frenchman's Beret was made paintable.
- Fixed incorrect bumpmap setting for the Frenchman's Beret.
- Added Strange quality.
- Due to how the textures are set up, painting the Frenchman's Beret with single color Paint Cans will result in different colorization between teams.
- The signature "Daimao Art" can be seen on the alpha texture for the brushes.