This cosmetic item has three styles, named "Deadly", "Dangerous", and "Tasty". The second style, "Dangerous", replaces the arrow with a worm tunneling through the core. The third style, titled "Tasty", replaces the arrow with a large and noticeable bite mark on the side of the apple.
The Fruit Shoot was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Reduces the chance of hunger by up to 13%
- Note: The attributes are hidden until both items are equipped.
- This effect is purely cosmetic; it has no effect on gameplay.
|Huntsman||Refined Metal||Fruit Shoot|
- The Fruit Shoot was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of the Fruit Shoot in the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- If a player dies while using the "Dangerous" or "Tasty" styles, the apple will rotate on the ground in a weird manner. This is due to the physics model being incorrectly placed for both of these styles.
- This item is a reference to the legend of William Tell, in which Tell used an an apple placed upon his son's head as an archery target to prove his marksmanship ability.
- The second style "Dangerous" shows a stereotypical earthworm munching its way through the apple. This is a common misconception: "worms" found in apples are the larvae of the Codling moth.