Ahh, that's apples mate.
— The Sniper's thoughts on his new hat
The Fruit Shoot is a community-created cosmetic item for the Sniper. It is a large, team-colored (green for BLU team) apple, pierced by a Huntsman arrow, perched precariously on the Sniper's head.
This item has three styles, named "Deadly", "Dangerous", and "Tasty". The "Dangerous" style replaces the arrow with a worm tunneling through the core, while the "Tasty" style replaces the arrow with a large and noticeable bite mark on the side of the apple.
The Fruit Shoot was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
Main article: Styles
Main article: Item sets
Reduces the chance of hunger by up to 13%.
- Note: The attributes are hidden until both items are equipped.
- This set does not affect gameplay, as its description is meant to be a joke.
See also: Crafting
|Huntsman||Refined Metal||Fruit Shoot|
- The Fruit Shoot was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The Fruit Shoot can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of the Fruit Shoot in the Mann Co. Store.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- If a player dies while using the "Dangerous" or "Tasty" styles, the apple will rotate on the ground in a weird manner. This is due to the physics model being incorrectly placed for both of these styles.
- This item is a reference to the legend of William Tell, in which Tell used an apple placed upon his son's head as an archery target to prove his marksmanship ability.
- The "Dangerous" style shows a stereotypical earthworm munching its way through the apple. This is a common misconception: "worms" found in apples are the larvae of the Codling moth.