Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect
— The Soldier abbreviating a lengthy hat name
The Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect is a promotional cosmetic item for all classes. It is a worn-out tricorne being worn backwards, topped by a wobbly, cock-eyed, gray colored octopus with orange spots, which is grasping a small treasure chest. Uniquely, the octopus is animated and looks around, closes one of its eyes, or moves its tentacles when idle.
This item was awarded to players that completed all 28 objectives in The Great Steam Treasure Hunt. Users who completed the requisite number of objectives were required to visit the promotion page and click the "Unlock Hat" button in order to have the hat added to their backpack. If the player already owned the Bounty Hat or Treasure Hat, it was upgraded to the Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect when all 28 objectives were completed.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that it gets the assist, with its custom name if it has one.
|H.O.U.W.A.R.||Treasure Hat||Bounty Hat|
- The Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect was added to the game.
December 17, 2010 Patch (Australian Christmas)
- [Undocumented] The Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect's model, previously appearing as a large yellow question mark to hide its appearance until towards the end of The Great Steam Treasure Hunt promotion, was updated to its current appearance.
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
October 13, 2011 Patch #1 (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect animations have been added.
- [Undocumented] The Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect now makes squishing noises when moved in the backpack.
- The Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect can now get kill assists in Pyroland.
- Added the Limited attribute to the Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect.
- Updated The Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect to be tradable.
- The item's level is a reference to the amount of objectives players needed to complete in the Great Steam Treasure Hunt to earn it.
The placeholder model used in the game files before the Australian Christmas update.
- Partial list of owners on TF2 Backpack Examiner.