The Hornblower is a community-created cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is a coat that adds several accessories to the Soldier's default attire, which includes a large gold buckle to his belt and a paintable gold trim to the main body of the coat.
The Hornblower was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "General's Attire".
- The Hornblower was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added the Hornblower to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Updated the item type of Hornblower.
- The name of the item refers to a fictional character, Horatio Hornblower, in a series of books by C. S. Forester, eventually depicting his fight in the Napoleonic Wars.
- The description also references Horatio Nelson, a flag officer in the British Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars, with the description mistaking the two characters (Hornblower was based in part on Nelson).
- This item resembles the coat worn by City Watch Officers in Dishonored.