Incinerated Barn Door Plank
|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This article documents content for Team Fortress 2 that was removed from the game. It may contain speculation, broken links or errors.
The Incinerated Barn Door Plank is a crafting ingredient that was updated in the June 27, 2012 Patch. It was originally added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, as the Barn Door Plank. It appeared as a long, broken wooden board with a padlock and burnmarks on the ends of it.
Crafting it with three other incinerated treasures formed a Pile of Ash. This item was removed from the game in the July 11, 2012 Patch. As of the November 21, 2013 Patch it no longer is removed on login, but may not be used in crafting.
- [Undocumented] The Barn Door Plank was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Equipping the Eliminating The Impossible set now shows new descriptions for the Goldfish, Pocket Lint, Cheese Wheel, Banana Peel, Barn Door Plank, Secret Diary, and Damaged Capacitor.
- Along with the other Mysterious Treasures, the Barn Door Plank was incinerated into a small pile of ash and renamed Incinerated Barn Door Plank.
- All ash-related items have been faded away to dust.
- [Undocumented] This item no longer expires on login, but has been updated to indicate it can no longer be used in crafting.
- This item's description changed when viewed while equipping the Eliminating The Impossible set. It changed to "...year in, year out...", with random characters removed, which is a part of the quote "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser." from the "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" short story, part of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes collection.