Invasion Community Update
The Invasion Community Update was a major community-created update and event added on October 6, 2015. Announced with a community-created Source Filmmaker video, it added four new maps, one of them a themed version of 2Fort, 16 new cosmetic items, 4 weapon reskins, 9 new Invasion-themed unusual effects, and a new taunt. Also included in the update was the Invasion Community Update Pass, which allowed players to directly support the team behind the update and also granted them access to special crate drops and to the Invasion Community Update Coin, which counted kills during the event.
| Giger Counter|
| Shooting Star|
|Invasion Community Update Pass|
|Invasion Community Update Coin|
|Quarantined Collection Case|
|Confidential Collection Case|
|Invasion Community Update Key|
|Name||Picture||Game mode||File name|
|2Fort Invasion|| Capture the Flag
|Watergate|| Player Destruction
|Probed|| King of the Hill
- The alien movie in the Invasion Update video is based on a cheesy 1950s film.
- The update was teased months before hand by the Team Fortress 2 Podcast KritzKast.
- On the KritzKast Meet Your Makers page, there is a blurry image of a Saucer.
- The page contains an X Ray image of the Pyro with a Triboniophorus Tyrannus or possibly a Sucker Slug on his head.
- Clicking the binary monitor on the main page leads to a secret page with a lone monitor that says "They're watching..." This message is a reference to The X-Files series.
- On Sep 13th, the update was teased on Brett Kennedy's channel in a video titled midnight showing.
- During the video, a message in Morse code is played. The message translated reads: "Poopy Joe was an inside job."
- A radio is playing in the background of the video. The static broadcast it is playing is the news intro from the KritzKast radio skit KKBC: No one would have believed.
- There is a split second frame of an alien glyph. The glyph forms a crop circle pattern seen in the release trailer, only with the Team Fortress 2 logo in it.
- August Loolam is an uncredited animator.
To promote the update, the Team Fortress 2 Podcast KritzKast created a series of humorous radio skits portraying a radio news station broadcasting the events of the alien invasion.
- Behind The Invasion
- Get Ready For The Invasion
- Invasion update page
- Invasion update credits
- Kritzkast Meet Your Makers
- Kritzkast Secret Page