You're a disgrace to the uniform.
— The Soldier
The Janissary Ketche is a promotional cosmetic item for the Spy. It is a Janissary hat with a golden spoon on the front featuring a Team Fortress 2 logo design, and a golden band that is wrapped around the team-colored sock of the hat.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-purchased Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword before May 3, 2011.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
- The Janissary Ketche was added to the game.
May 3, 2011 [Item schema update]
- The Janissary Ketche was made paintable.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- [Undocumented] The Janissary Ketche was made craftable, tradable, giftable, and added to the drop system.
- [Undocumented] The Janissary Ketche was added to the list of hats that can be Unusual.
- Janissaries, meaning "New Soldiers," were the bodyguard and household troops of the Ottoman Sultan from 1383 to 1821, and were abolished during the Ottoman Modernization efforts, in favor of the Nizam-i-Cedit.
Promotional image of the Spy and Engineer wearing the Janissary Ketche and the Hetman's Headpiece.