The Gun Mettle Update has arrived!
- Security/crash fixes (thanks to Nathaniel Theis for these reports)
- Fixed a crash when parsing a malformed network packet
- Fixed a
.wav file exploit
- Fixed a
.bsp file exploit
- Fixed another client crash related to demo playback and skipping tick
- Fixed a client crash related to the the HUD
- Fixed a case where some gifted items would use [unknown] for the gift giver
- Fixed the achievement tracker being visible during demo playback
- Added a slider to the Advanced Options menu that adjusts the volume of the hit sound when you damage an enemy
- Added player avatars to the target ID panel
- Added numerical health value to the target ID health display
- Fixed being able to open the class menu while connected to SourceTV
- Updated Duels to not consume a duel for a non-zero tie
tf_bot_quota_mode team balance logic when using "fill""
- Random damage spread is off by default (convar
tf_damage_disablespread). Existing users will still use their currently set value.
- Auto reload is on by default (convar
cl_autoreload). Existing users will still use their currently set value.
- Added new convar
tf_player_movement_restart_freeze (default 1) that controls the freeze period at the beginning of round
- Fixed not seeing unusual effects during demo playback and while connected to SourceTV
- Added new convar
tv_delaymapchange_protect (default 1) to prevent manual map changes if SourceTV has not caught up with a major event like the end of a round
tv_delaymapchange not preventing a manual map change on the dedicated server while SourceTV still has buffered data
- Added individual player-ready state for tournament mode
- Added new convar
mp_tournament_readymode (allows tournament mode to use a per-player ready system)
- Added new convar
mp_tournament_readymode_min (minimum number of players required on the server before players can toggle ready status)
- Added new convar
mp_tournament_readymode_team_size (minimum number of players required to be ready per-team before the game can begin)
- Added new convar
mp_tournament_readymode_countdown (the number of seconds before a match begins when both teams are ready)
- Updated the tournament spectator GUI to sort players by class
- Added teammate player glow outlines, names, and health bars for spectators
- Server toggle: convar
tf_spec_xray (defaults to on), Client can toggle in the Advanced Options menu
- Added a new startup music track
- Added 'Inspect Item' context command in the backpack for decorated weapons and the Campaign Coin
- Lootlist descriptions now have a checkmark on items you already own
- Added "Get Key" and "Get Key and Open" backpack context options for crates and cases
- Added "Sell on Steam Marketplace" backpack context option for eligible items(sic)
- Marketable items that have a temporary trade restriction can be put up on the Steam Marketplace
- Fixed an issue where pressing or pressing the Back button would select the stock item in the loadout item selection menu instead of canceling the selection
- Inspect Target has been changed to Inspect Target or Item. While having a decorated weapon deployed with no target under the cross hair and then pressing the bound inspect key (+inspect), an interruptible view model animation will play.
- Updated the backpack to use borders for the different weapon qualities
- Updated various weapon descriptions to better detail the weapon's features
- Updated the scoreboard to display campaign coins
- Maps Workshop Beta
- Fixed an exploit that could be used with workshop maps to bypass
- Fixed an issue causing workshop maps whose fully qualified name exceeded 32 characters to not properly load from mapcycle files
- Fixed several bugs loading and working with maps with longer names
- Hammer Tools changes
- vbsp now accepts -embed as an optional path to look for map resources. These resources will be used by the compile and embedded into the resultant BSP.
- vrad will now use resources embedded in the BSP file
- hammer now accepts -insert_search_path as an alternate path to load resources from during development
- bspzip gained a -repack command, to repackage a BSP file
- "bspzip -repack -compress " can be used to create compressed BSP files as used by the TF maps workshop
- "bzipzip -repack " can be used on compressed BSPs to repackage them as non-compressed BSPs for use in tools that do not yet support them, such as SFM
- Increased maximum userspace memory available to vrad and vvis tools to support compiling maps with complex visibility and lighting that require more than 1.6gibibytes of memory
- Updated Mann vs. Machine
- Expert tours now require completion of at least one advanced tour
- Fixed not getting the bonus if any red cash from a Sniper headshot burns out before picking up all the green cash
- Fixed being able to change class while at an upgrade station
- Fixed an exploit related to vote restarting and canteen specialist
- Only allow skill respecs when between waves
- Skill respecs are now unlimited
tf_mvm_respec_enabled (default 1) that replaces
tf_mvm_respec_limit for on/off state
tf_mvm_respec_limit default changed to 0 (no limit)
- Spy no longer smacks himself in the face while reloading a revolver (New Spy revolver reload animation that does not block cross hair)
- Changing to a new disguise while already under a disguise takes 0.5 seconds instead of the normal disguise time of 2 seconds
- In the disguise menu, pressing 'reload' will also toggle the disguise team.
- While invisible, Spy receives 20% less damage from all damage sources
- While invisible, Spy has reduced timer on debuffs (fire, jarate, milk, bleed)
- Decreased the damage penalty on Sentries sapped by the Spy from -66% to -33% (i.e. shooting a Sentry the Spy sapped with a Revolver is now more effective)
- Construction boosts (wrench hits, redeploys) from multiple sources is now additive instead of multiplicative. Calculations are based around a 1x base building speed.
- Increased base wrench construction speed on hit boost by 50%. Buildings now build 2.5x faster instead of just 2x (additive of 1.5x + base speed)
- Teleporters and Dispensers redeploy +50% faster (2.5x without wrench boost, 5.5x with wrench boost)
- Building pick up speed penalty reduced from 25% to 10%
- On Wrench equip change, buildings no longer self-destruct unless the building type is changed (i.e. Only Sentry explodes when switching from Wrench to Gunslinger)
- Building repair costs increased from 20 metal to 33 metal to repair 100hp per wrench hit (from 5HP per metal to 3HP per metal)
- Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries have less passive damage resistance against Heavy miniguns. Level 2 Sentry Minigun resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 Changed from 33% to 20%
- Minigun damage penalty on Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries slightly decreased. Level 2 Sentry resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 changed from 33% to 20%
- Changed fire immunity for 3 seconds to fire immunity for 1 second and 7 seconds of afterburn immunity
- Removed silent killer attribute
- Spy-cicle recharge timer can now be reduced by picking up ammo boxes
- Changed +20% damage bonus while undisguised to +20% damage bonus while disguised
- Conniver's Kunai
- Health penalty reduced from -65 to -55 (70 Health total)
- Minimum Health gain of 75 on kill
- Maximum overheal from Kunai increased from 195 to 210
- Cloak and Dagger
- Can now pick up ammo kits for cloak meter while visible. Previously could not pick up ammo packs for cloak. Cloak gain is at a reduced rate when compared to stock invis watch on ammo pick up
- Dead Ringer
- Triggering Feign Death instantly removes 50% cloak meter
- Changed increased drain rate to a decreased drain rate. Overall duration of invisibility is still 7 seconds when accounting for initial spend of 50 cloak meter for triggering Feign Death
- Decreased cloak regen rate from +80% to +50%
- When Feign Death is triggered, the Spy receives a 3 second speed boost
- Initial attack that triggers feign death has its damage reduced by 50%
- Damage resistance on triggering feign death scales over time. 65% to 20% over 3 seconds
- Feign Death stealth has no bump shimmer for 3 seconds
- 3 seconds after triggering Feign Death, the Spy is under normal invisible conditions (20% armor and shimmers if bumped or shot)
- Can no longer pick up ammo for cloak meter while cloaked
- Gunslinger / Minisentry
- Mini Sentries can now be repaired
- Mini Sentries can now be wrench construction boosted
- Mini Sentry base build speed decreased. Mini Sentries that are wrench boosted build slightly faster than previously.
- Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%
- Metal gibs from destroyed Mini Sentries no longer grant any metal
- Pomson 6000
- Uber and Cloak drain decreases over distance from target. Decreases start at 512 Hammer Units (Hu) from target and reach 0 drain at 1536Hu
- Ammo and Repair given to a shielded Sentry is reduced by the strength of the shield (66% reduced) when shield is active
- Engineer death keeps the Wrangled sentry shielded and disabled for 3 seconds, same as when Wrangler is switched away. Previously Engineer death caused disable state for only 1 second
- With the change to Base Construction boost, Jag bonus has improved. 30% increase of 1.5x makes a total of 1.95x (total of 2.95x when base speed is added)
- Added +15% swing speed.
- Added 20% repair penalty. Repairs will give up to 80hp per swing instead 100hp per swing.
- Short Circuit
- Projectile destruction has been moved to alt-fire at the cost of -15 per shot. There is a 0.5s cool down between attempts and refire
- Cannot pick up buildings when the Short Circuit is deployed
- Eureka Effect
- Previous penalties have been removed and replaced with the following
- Construction hit speed boost decreased by 50%
- 50% less metal from pickups and dispensers
- Baby Face's Blaster
- Added Boost reduction on taking damage.
- Increased amount of Boost lost on air jump
- No longer uses secondary ammo and now uses primary ammo instead
- Healing and knockback passives are only active when weapon is deployed
- Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
- Passive effects on the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol are only in effect when the weapon is deployed
- Removed +15 max health passive
- Added up to +3 health per hit
- Changed damage vulnerability from +50% fire to +20% all sources while active
- Fan O' War
- Now crits whenever it would normally mini-crit
- Reduced damage penalty from -90% to -75%
- Air Strike
- Removed clipsize penalty
- Reduced radius penalty from -15% to -10%
- Reduced damage penalty from -25% to -15%
- Rocket jump blast damage reduction reduced from -25% to -15%
- Black Box
- Changed +15 health on hit to +20 health on hit per attack
- Changed how health on hit works for radius damage. Is now capped per attack and scales with total damage done relative to base damage.
- i.e. doing 45 damage nets +10 health on hit as base damage is 90. Hitting 3 enemies for 45 each for a total of 135 damage only returns +20 health.
- Battalions Backup
- Fixed an issue that caused rocket jumps to be decreased when it was active
- Tide Turner
- Self damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
- Fall damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
- Amount of charge taken away on damage when charging reduced from 3 to 1 per point of damage
- The Claidheamh Mòr
- Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill
- Changed +20% damage bonus to +20% damage against buildings
- Iron Bomber
- Removed damage penalty on self-detonate
- Reduced radius penalty from -20% to -15%
- Ullapool Caber
- Reduced explosion base damage from 100 to 75
- Reduced damage ramp up bonus for close range attacks. Now is the same as other explosive weapons.
- Flare Gun
- Added text to describe 100% critical hits on burning targets
- Scorch Shot
- Reduced damage penalty from -50% to -35%
- Now has increased knock back on burning targets
- Increased the blast radius from flares from 92Hu to 110Hu
- Hits and explosions always minicrit burning targets
- Added text to describe 100% minicrits on burning targets
- Slightly increased blast jump height when doing a Detonator jump
- Increased blast radius from 92Hu to 110Hu
- Detonated explosions now also minicrit burning targets
- Increased damage penalty to -25%
- Increased self-damage penalty from +25% to +50%
- Fixed a bug that gave Vaccinator patients full crit immunity.
- Vaccinator base resist does not grant any crit resistance.
- Vaccinator Uber deploys now always take exactly 1 bar of Uber charge.
- Vaccinator Uber deploys give the patient a 2.5 second bubble of 75% damage resistance of the current resist type and full crit resistance to that type. These bubbles do not disappear if the medic stops targeting the current patient. Multiple bubbles of different types can be applied to the same patient or multiple patients given the same resist uber each consuming 1 charge.
- Vaccinator uber build now suffers the same penalties as other mediguns when it comes to multiple medics on the same target and max overhealed patients.
- Decreased the bonus healing a Medic received for properly selecting the right damage resistance type from 25% of incoming damage to 10% of incoming damage
- Added Penalty of 66% decreased uber build rate while healing a overhealed patient
- Sydney Sleeper
- Jarate now applies on all scoped shots, duration scales with charge duration (2 to 8 seconds)
- Bazaar Bargain
- No longer lose heads on miss
- Collecting a head requires a headshot kill and not just a headshot
- Each head boosts charge rate by 25% up to 200%
- Charge rate penalty changed from -20% to -50%.
- Now requires 2 headshot kills to be back at base speed and 6 kills for 200% charge rate
- Changed penalty from +20% fire vulnerability to +20% damage vulnerability while active
- Added 20% damage resistance while spun up
- Stun amount now has distance falloff. Decreases starting at 512hu down to zero stun at 1536Hu
- Now 20% more accurate (less spread)
- Increased spin up bonus from 10% to 20%
- Dalokohs Bar
- Now has 10 second cool down on use
- Can now overheal up to 400hp
- Can be thrown (alt-fire) as a small medkit for other players to use
- Lunchbox items
- Updated description to note that these items can be thrown (alt-fire) to supply players with a medkit
- Panic Attack
- Base Fire rate increased (from 15% to 30%)
- Base reload speed increased (from 33% to 50%)
- Added increased switch to speed by +50%
- Added Competitive Matchmaking Beta Pass
- Set the maximum item level on several items to level 1.
- Updated some weapons to the
- Made some stock weapons gift wrapable.
- Re-added Haunted Fortress 2 (Soundtrack) to the game (as "
gamestartup_halloween.wav"), and renamed Misfortune Teller (Soundtrack) from "
gamestartup_halloween.wav" to "
- Crate descriptions now display a checkmark beside listed potential items that the player already owns at least one of, regardless of quality and discounting stock weapons. Possessing an unusual displays a star instead of a checkmark.
- This also applies to Decorated weapon descriptions, showing which weapons of that collection the player has in their backpack.
- Australium weapons now have a yellow glow behind their Kill icon, similarly to Critical hits.
- Made the Iron Curtain obtainable by crafting.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some clients from updating their contract progress
- Fixed a bug where The Family Business was firing slower than it was supposed to
Notes missed from the previous update:
- Power Jack
- Reduced health gained on kill from +75hp to +25hp
- Cozy Camper
- Removed increased damage taken penalty
- Rescue Ranger
- Decreased cost of long range building pick up from 130 metal to 100 metal
- Spy-cicle (previous note was incorrect)
- Changed fire immunity for 3 seconds to fire immunity for 1 second and 10 seconds of afterburn immunity
- ↑ Force-a-Nature, Shortstop, Soda Popper, Bonk! Atomic Punch, Rocket Jumper, Flare Gun, Detonator, Manmelter, Scorch Shot, Homewrecker, Maul, Loose Cannon, Chargin' Targe, Splendid Screen, Tide Turner, Scotsman's Skullcutter, Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker, Claidheamh Mòr, Ullapool Caber, Persian Persuader, Huo-Long Heater, Frontier Justice, Wrangler, Wrench, Gunslinger, Blutsauger, Crusader's Crossbow, Overdose, Quick-Fix, Vaccinator, Ambassador
- ↑ Also applied to Fishcake.
- ↑ Sandvich, Buffalo Steak Sandvich
- ↑ Stickybomb Launcher, Scottish Resistance, Sticky Jumper, Minigun, Natascha