The Katyusha is a community-created cosmetic item for the Heavy. It is similar to the sort of headgear that Russian pilot/tanker operators would wear, made to protect the wearer from blows to the head from hard metal parts inside a tank and the cold weather of Russian winters.
The Katyusha was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Katyusha was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added the Katyusha to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The item's name and description refer to the Tupolev ANT-40, a Soviet bomber often affectionately nicknamed "Katyusha" (a derivative of the female name Catherine) due to its excellent performance in the Spanish Civil War.
- The name "Katyusha" is foremostly associated with BM-13, a Soviet rocket artillery vehicle of the WWII era.