Sun Tzu said that!
— The Soldier on the art of war
The Killer's Kabuto is a community-created cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is a team-colored kabuto helmet, with an elaborate gold maedate emblazoned displaying the Soldier's class icon.
The item's description was written by f3doraman for the Hat Describing Contest.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
March 18, 2010 Patch (First Community Contribution Update)
- The Killer's Kabuto was added to the game.
- The Killer's Kabuto was made craftable.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- The Killer's Kabuto was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Killer's Kabuto.
- [Undocumented] The Killer's Kabuto can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- The Killer's Kabuto paint mask was altered to paint the team-colored section of the helmet instead of the ornament and Soldier emblem at the front.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- [Undocumented] Added the Killer's Kabuto to the Mann Co. Store.
- The Killer's Kabuto's painting texture was improved.
- The paint mask was enhanced and altered to tint the large metal plates with the specified paint color.
- Kabuto (兜) means helmet in Japanese; while it is a generic term for any sort of helmet, it specifically refers to samurai helmets in Western usage.
- A maedate, or a front crest, was typically engraved with a family symbol, or a sculptural object representing an animal, mythical entity, or prayer.
- The Killer's Kabuto makes an appearance on the promotional pictures of the Total War Master Collection, even though the item itself is not included in the bundle.