Killstreak Kit Fabricator
Killstreak Kit Fabricators are tools similar to Chemistry Sets, which, when completed, create a Specialized or Professional Killstreak Kit for a certain weapon, with specific cosmetic effects listed in the description. Specialized Fabricators can be obtained as a rare drop at the end of Operation Two Cities Mann Up missions, and will always be given at the end of an Operation Two Cities tour while in Mann Up mode. Professional Fabricators can only be obtained as a rare drop at the end of an Operation Two Cities tour if the player is in Mann Up.
It is represented by an industrial machine, in green or orange, reminiscent of those seen in many factories, labeled "ROBIT-RON 3000" above its side display screen.
When the Gun Mettle Update came out blank Specialized and Professional Killstreak Kit Fabricators were dropped when completing certain MVM missions. When these blank Specialized or Professional Killstreak Kits get made they can be used on any item in TF2. The glitch got fixed quickly after the update came out, but blank Specialized and Professional Killstreak Kits and Fabricators are still on the market.
Note that for Specialized and Professional Killstreak Kits, the killstreak weapon(s) used for the recipe must be of Unique quality. Items with Strange, Vintage, Decorated, Unusual, and other qualities will not be accepted in the recipe.
Specialized Killstreak Kit Fabricator
Specialized Killstreak Kit Fabricators have an output of a Specialized Killstreak Kit, and require a randomized combination of the following recipe:
- Any Unique-quality standard Killstreak weapon
- 24 random battle-worn robot parts
- 5 random reinforced robot parts
Professional Killstreak Kit Fabricator
Professional Killstreak Kit Fabricators have an output of a Professional Killstreak Kit, and require a more extensive set of requirements:
- Two Unique-quality Specialized Killstreak weapons (must be tradable and craftable)
- 16 random battle-worn robot parts
- 6 random reinforced robot parts
- 3 random pristine robot parts
Upon combining the recipes required to reach a Professional Killstreak weapon, the total cost to create a Professional Killstreak weapon from scratch requires:
- Two killstreak kits and their matching unique weapons
- Two specialized killstreak kit fabricators and their matching unique weapons
- One professional killstreak kit fabricator and its matching weapon (which doesn't have to be unique)
- 64 battle-worn robot parts
- 16 reinforced robot parts
- 3 pristine robot parts
- [Undocumented] Added Killstreak Kit Fabricators to the game
- Updated the Killstreak Fabricator's description to include the sheen and the Killstreaker effect for its output
- Fixed tooltips for Fabricator items being truncated on OS X and Linux clients
- If the person loses connection to the Item Server while attempting to add ingredients to a Fabricator, and regains connection, the craft will finish; but if the player exits the fabricator screen it will appear with "Fabricator" as the name and attempting to go back to the menu will get a "No eligible items" screen.
- This can only be fixed by restarting Team Fortress 2.
An example of a Specialized Fabricator recipe for a Big Earner.