|Map type||Player Destruction|
|Release date:||October 19, 2018|
|Last updated:||December 19, 2018|
|Developer(s):||Aeon "Void" Bollig|
Harlen "UEAKCrash" Linke
Tim "SediSocks" BL
Liam "Diva Dan" Moffitt
Jennifer "NeoDement" Burnett
|Health drain, Pitfall,|
|Health Kits:||×5 • ×6 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×6 • ×1|
|Supporters leaderboard not yet available.|
The objective for this map is to gather buckets of gibs to bring to the reanimator in the middle of the castle. A team wins upon successful delivery of a set number of gibs.
The delivery point is surrounded by a shield for a set period of time. After a set amount of time, the shield disappears, and it is possible to step onto the point and Gibs may be delivered by the team controlling the Capture Zone. Once the delivery period is over, players are forced off the point and the forcefield goes back up.
The Pit is in the center of the map, under the delivery point in The Lab. Rather than killing players, it leads to a secret area. In this area, players perpetually take damage and must jump through a hallway of Pendulum blades to escape. If they can manage to escape, they are placed at the top of the pit and are granted with temporary crits and a spell.
- RED Side
- Chapel, RED Spawn.
- Causeway, low exit from RED Spawn, an open walk in the rain.
- Courtyard, high left exit from RED Spawn.
- Right exit: Spiral stairs down to the Chemicals.
- Grand Foyer. Portrait of Dr. Cadaverus Hale.
- The Lab. (What's on the slab?) Beneath that is the Pit and the Pendulums.
- Ballroom, behind The Lab.
- Stairs up to high Overlooks to The Lab.
- Doorway to the Balcony.
- A Hole in the Floor drop down and two spiral stairways down to the flooded Dungeon and the lower Lab.
- BLU Side
- Conservatory, BLU Spawn.
- Gallery, low exit from BLU Spawn, paintings of the later Hales.
- Library, high right exit from BLU Spawn.
- Left exit: Spiral stairs down to the open Patio.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Monster Bash to the game.
- Fixed a gap in the spiral stairs that players could slip through when using the tiny spell.
- Fixed a kill trigger not always killing players in the dungeon.
- Fixed players taking fall damage when passing through the pit to the dungeon.
- Fixed an out-of-bounds exploit in RED's courtyard.
- The pit that leads to the Underworld reuses the long fall screams from Ghost Fort, which may result in the Soldier yelling at Merasmus despite Merasmus not being present in this map.
- The map makes a number of references to the Horror genre:
- The opening notes to Toccata and Fugue (a cinematic cliché to illustrate horror and villainy) play at the beginning of a match.
- The electrical reanimation of surgically assembled body parts refers to the franchise of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
- The Pit and Pendulums Underworld refers to Edgar Allen Poe's short story The Pit and the Pendulum.
- The large carnivorous plant in the BLU spawn, named "Elizabeth II", references the movie Little Shop of Horrors.
- The Latin motto, Mors Solum Initium (Death is only the beginning.) refers to the 1999 movie The Mummy.
- On the Balcony outside the Ballroom (past the Hole in the Floor), lying on top of the railing on the right, there's a wilted rose left as a reference to the classic story of the Beauty and the Beast.
- Through the windows of the Grand Foyer, barely visible though the front gate, is seen an angry mob of villagers with torches and pitchforks. (This mob is made up of cutouts of the Spy.)
- The Castle appears to have been owned by generations of Hales (or recently purchased by a Hale). There are signs of distressed ownership:
- The Castle has been recently sold, along with the Coal Mine, Gravel Pit, and Granary (Realtors: Reliable Excavation Demolition).
- The painting of Gravel Pit has been taken down (or is about to be put up) from the gallery and flipped to face the wall.
- Saxton Hale's portrait is crooked.
- Deceased in 1971, Redmond's version of the Mann Brother's portrait is not hung up (or has just been taken down).
- As the male lead in Little Shop of Horrors named the plant "Audrey II" after his girl friend, naming the plant in this map Elizabeth II suggests that one of the Hales had (has) a romantic interest in Elizabeth; incidentally, a woman with a cinematic Mallen Streak.
- The map references the Medic's repeated association with the Frankenstein theme of Reanimation of corpses, with the resemblance of the village below the gate to Rottenburg (with its Frankenstein references) and the chalkboard of Medics' study of the Reanimator seen in the Chemicals room.
- Resurrection: Literal Easter Eggs are hidden in a crate. "Life will find a way."
- There is a book in the Library with Scout's cap and the Tipped Lid resting on top of it. This is a reference to Nathan Vetterlein, the Scout's voice actor, complimenting the Library while playing on Monster Bash during Tip of the Hats.
- Originally called Monster Mash on the Steam Workshop, the map was renamed to Monster Bash upon release to avoid copyright issues.
The Scout hat and Tipped Lid hidden in the Library.