如何取得: Find a server that supports replays and start recording. You can check for servers that support replays by clicking the Replay Support filter on the server browser.
如何取得: Open a saved replay and bring up the editor.
如何取得: After recording a replay, view and edit it as you please, then save it as a movie.
如何取得: When using the replay editor, experiment with every single available tool. Completing this achievement will grant you the Director's Vision.
讓您的影片達成 100 次 YouTube™ 觀看次數。
如何取得: First, upload your movie onto YouTube. Given the expanse of YouTube, garnering 100 views should be simple, even if you don't advertise. Try asking friends or family to view your video. After reaching 100 views, the actual achievement will be awarded when you select your video on the replay screen from within the game.
讓您的影片達成 1000 次 YouTube™ 觀看次數。
如何取得: You will be unable to only enlist friends or family to achieve 1000 views. See additional tips below. Accomplishing this will reward you with the Frontline Field Recorder.
讓您的影片達成 10,000 次 YouTube™ 觀看次數。
如何取得: At this point, your movie must be of a relatively decent quality to warrant so many views. See additional tips below.
讓您的影片達成 100,000 次 YouTube™ 觀看次數。
如何取得: In general, only replays that are of the highest quality and appeal to the masses of gamers will receive so many views. See additional tips below.
Additional Tips for Obtaining YouTube Views
Other than asking friends and family to watch your videos or simply focusing on making a blockbuster, there are a few additional things you can do to increase the likelihood of obtaining more views for your videos.
- Even if you have a witty title for your video, append it with something like "Team Fortress 2 gameplay" or "TF2 replay." This will increase the likelihood your video will be found in searches of viewers looking for this content.
- If you already have a popular video, or know someone who does, title your video as closely as possible to the popular antecedent. This will make it more likely to be considered a "related video" that will be promoted whenever someone watches the more popular video.
- In the video description, write out what happens in the video. While it may seem pointless, it increases the likelihood your video will be found via search. It may also compel someone who found your video link via Google to click on it if the description sounds more intriguing than "funny TF2 moment."
Don't settle for only modifying your YouTube video parameters from within Team Fortress 2. Once it's live, edit the video's settings on YouTube itself. From there, you have access to a number of other tools:
- Tag your video with terms related to what it contains. Tags like "headshot," "spycrab," etc. will make it easier for other people to find your video. Use as many tags as possible, and don't forget to add any of YouTube's suggested tags, where applicable.
- Choose a stillframe that's more compelling. From the video detail screen, you can choose one of three stillframes that represents your video when it's shown as a thumbnail. Alternatively, create a visually appealing thumbnail in a graphic design program (Photoshop, Paint.NET, Gimp) and set it with the "Custom thumbnail" button on the video information page.
- If you feel that music or captions would make your video more compelling, you can add them with Audioswap and the Captions/Annotations tools. Keep in mind, however, that Audioswap is a permanent choice that overrides all sound in the video. Also keep in mind that some viewers may find captions/annotations distracting or annoying.
Once your video's settings are complete, there are more ways than begging associates to have it seen by more eyes:
- Post a link to your replay on content sharing sites like Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon, etc. If your video is genuinely good, it may receive a lot of traffic that will quickly propel it into tens of thousands of views.
- If you believe your video is truly exceptional and appreciable by mainstream gamers, you can try e-mailing it to gaming media outlets like Kotaku, Joystiq, etc. These sites will most likely only post your video if it is completely outstanding, but this can help a great video with a limited fanbase reach the masses instantly if accepted.