Operation Hexadecimal Horrors
Operation Hexadecimal Horrors was a hybrid mission-making contest and Mann vs Machine tour organized and hosted by Potato's Custom MvM Servers. It was announced on June 21, 2021. A public beta was held for the tour on October 2 to 11, 2021, before it officially launched on October 12, 2021. The tour concluded on November 30, 2021.
There were a few guidelines set for mission-makers. Primarily, these missions had to be Halloween themed. All difficulties of mission were welcome, with a maximum of fifteen weapon rebalances. Each participant could create a maximum of 2 missions, with the exception of Intermediate missions, which were not subject to this limitation.
On October 2, 2021, Operation Hexadecimal Horrors went into public beta, with 48 missions spread across 22 maps. Halloween revamped versions of Valve maps were used, such as Decay and Heatrock, in addition to new haunted community maps, and returning maps from previous campaigns. The tour officially launched on October 12, 2021, shortly after the Scream Fortress XIII update, to ensure the servers would be compatible with the update.
Unlike previous campaigns, there is no in-game reward for completing missions in the tour, though players may continue to track their tour progress.
This table shows the missions available during the event.
|Ghost Town||Cpu Spookies||consulcast|
|Nightsky||Mountain Of Fear||Seelpit|
|River Of Despair||PDA Expert|
|Underworld||Insidious Infiltration||7||Space Jockey|
|Ghost Town||Horrorsome Happenings||8||Yoovy|
|Crop Circles||7||Skin King|
|Null||Baneful Harvest||6||the fat|
|Syntax Error||6||Package O' Lies|
|Oxidize||Recollection Repression||owo Inky|
|Decaying Decryption||3||Aluminium Botkiller|
|Skullcove||Call Of Cthulhu||6||Skin King|
|Subterranean Animism||Yuugi Hoshiguma|
|Unholy Assault||4||PDA Expert|
|Whitecliff Event||Coastal Cadaver||3||Eve|
|Butcher||Lucid Nightmare||6||Package O' Lies|
|Ghost Town||Deadweight||6||PDA Expert|
|Nightsky||Death Con One||5||the fat|
This event had two medals up for grabs, as rewards for donations to a charity drive benefitting The Trevor Project. Players could donate varying amounts through item or monetary donations to receive donor medals. Donating at least 5 USD earned the player the Moonlit Magnate medal, donating at least 10 USD earned the player the Macabre Memento medal, and donating at least 15 USD earned the player both medals.
The Moonlit Magnate and Macabre Memento reuse the same models as the Hopeful Heart and Boundless Heart from Operation Madness vs Machines, respectively; however, the Moonlit Magnate initially drops with a custom painted color that is very similar to A Deep Commitment to Purple, (HEX #7D4070, compared to A Deep Commitment to Purple's HEX #7D4071) that is not otherwise available in-game.
Each of the medals has two styles, named "Normal" and "Gem Only". The "Gem Only" style displays only the gemstones, without the surrounding metal frames.
The medals were contributed to the Steam Workshop by NeoDement, Sntr, Erikku, sigsegv, Jakapoa, Pelipoika, interrobang, Mayor Rev, Z-Ben, kratos, Nuke, Hydrogen, Hyperion, Potato's MvM Server, DaanBox, Swordstone, and Geel.
- Moonlit Magnate (Normal)
- Moonlit Magnate (Gem Only)
- Moonlit Magnate
- Macabre Memento
- The backpack icon for the Moonlit Magnate uses the coloring overlay for paint cans instead of the paint icon when viewed on Steam.
- [Undocumented] The Hexadecimal Horrors medals were added to the game.
- Braindawg HH Submission Guidelines, READ BEFORE POSTING!!!, 17 Jun @ 10:19am
- Operation Holographic Harvest
- Operation Anniversary Annihilation
- Operation Rewired Rampage
- Operation Peculiar Pandemonium
- Operation Binary Blackout
- Operation Hexadecimal Horrors
- Operation Digital Directive
- Operation Starched Silliness
- Operation Titanium Tank: Reforged
- Operation Mashed Mediocrity
- Operation Memes vs Machines
- Operation Madness vs Machines
- Operation Canteen Crasher
- Operation Titanium Tank
- Announcement on the Official Team Fortress 2 Blog
- Official Team Fortress 2 Steam event
- Operation Hexidecimal Horrors Public Contest!
- Operation Hexadecimal Horrors is now in Open Beta!
- Operation Hexadecimal Horrors has officially BEGUN!
- The Trevor Project