— The Heavy bombing
The Pilotka is a community-created promotional cosmetic item for the Heavy. It is a Soviet garrison cap, which features a team-colored star badge with a yellow hammer and sickle symbol in the center.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-purchased Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad on Steam before September 13, 2011. Currently, it is awarded to players who purchase Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
- The Pilotka was added to the game.
- Updated the Pilotka so it can be crafted, traded, and gift-wrapped.
- The Pilotka was made paintable.
- In the USSR (СССР), the side cap was known as a "pilotka", from "pilot" — the cap was a part of air force pilots' uniforms in World War I. They were the most common type of hat in the WWII Red Army and were used in the summer instead of the ushankas worn in the winter.
- The hat also sits at an angle on the Heavy's head, which was a popular way for allied garrison caps to be worn during the WWII period.
Promotional image of the Stahlhelm and the Pilotka.