The Pocket Pyro is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It is a small doll fashioned in the likeness of the team's Pyro, complete with matches in place of napalm grenades. When equipped, it fits snugly into the ammo pouch on the Engineer's belt.
The Pocket Pyro was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Pocket Pyro was added to the game.
June 14, 2013 [Item schema update]
- The Pocket Pyro now gets assists in Pyroland.
- Updated the Pocket Pyro so it can get assists in Pyrovision.
- [Undocumented] Fixed levels not showing up in-game.
- [Undocumented] Added the Pocket Pyro to the item drop system.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Referring to the Pocket Pyro as a "firebug" in the description was an intentional nod towards Gang Garrison 2.
- Frederick Charles "Freddy" Krueger, mentioned in the item's description, is a fictional, disfigured serial killer that is the primary antagonist of the A Nightmare on Elm Street film series.
- This item is a reference to Pybros, a term used to describe Pyros that dedicate themselves to defend an Engineer and his buildings.