Feelins'? Look mate, you know who has a lot of feelings? Blokes what bludgeon their wife to death with a golf trophy. Professionals have standards.
— The Sniper on professionalism
The Professional's Panama is a cosmetic item for the Sniper. It is a simple, low-crowned straw panama hat with a brown band.
The item's description was written by Nineaxis for the Hat Describing Contest.
This item is awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchase the BLU Sniper Action Figure and redeem the code that comes with it.
August 13, 2009 Patch (Classless Update)
- The Professional's Panama was added to the game.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Professional's Panama.
- [Undocumented] The Professional's Panama can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- [Undocumented] Revealed the rest of the NECA action figure promos.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Panama hats were brimmed straw hats worn during early 20th century America. Originating from Ecuador, their name comes from being first shipped to the Isthmus of Panama. The hat became vastly popular after being worn by president Theodore Roosevelt who had funded the project for the Panama Canal which opened in 1914.
- The item's description is a reference to one of the Sniper's last lines in Meet the Sniper where he describes his standards.