Sturm und Drang!
— The Medic exuberating his love for 19th-century German culture
The Prussian Pickelhaube (pronounced "pick·el·how·beh" [ˈpik.ɛl.haʊ.bə]) is a cosmetic item for the Medic. It is a metal, team-colored Pickelhaube helmet.
The item's description was written by This_Is_Not_Spy for the Hat Describing Contest.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
May 21, 2009 Patch (Sniper vs. Spy Update)
- [Undocumented] The Prussian Pickelhaube was added to the game.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- The Prussian Pickelhaube was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Prussian Pickelhaube.
- [Undocumented] The Prussian Pickelhaube can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- The Prussian Pickelhaube's paint texture was improved.
January 25, 2013 [Item schema update]
- The Prussian Pickelhaube was removed from the item drop system and Mann Co. Store, and can no longer be uncrated with Unusual quality or crafted.
- [Undocumented] Added the Limited attribute to the Prussian Pickelhaube.
- The Pickelhaube, plural Pickelhauben, is named from the old German Pickel, meaning "point" or "pickaxe," and Haube, meaning "bonnet," a general word for headgear.
- The Pickelhaube was originally designed in 1842 by King Frederick William IV of Prussia. It was worn in the 19th and 20th centuries by German military, firefighters, and police. The Pickelhaube was featured prominently in Allied propaganda during the first World War, and became an icon of the German Empire.
- ↑ Saxton Hale (TF2 Official Blog) "Kiss These Items Goodbye!". Published January 10, 2013. Retrieved September 30, 2021.