Pyroland Contracts are free Contracts that, for the most part, promote and award the new Pyro Weapons from the Jungle Inferno Update, which are the new Pyro Class Pack promised from the outcome of the Meat Your Match Heavy vs. Pyro War! of the Meet Your Match Update.
Activating any Pyroland Contract that requires use of one of the new Pyro Weapons provides the Player with a temporary loan of that Weapon. Until the player permanently earns the Weapon by turning in the completed Contract, activates another the Contract before earning the Weapon, or the Contract Campaign closes, this loan remains in the Player's Inventory.
Pyroland Contracts use Contract Points to show the Player how much they've achieved.
These contracts are navigated, selected, tracked, and turned in using the ConTracker. When the Player completes and turns in a Primary Objective or a Bonus Objective, they obtain a Contract Star. Completing a Primary Objective is required to unlock following Contracts and most Contracts also require a single Contract Star to unlock, while some require a higher amount of Contract Stars to unlock. Previously turned-in Contracts can be reactivated to complete unfinished Bonus Objectives. The total amount of Contract Stars that can be obtained from the set is 18 Stars, with all but 3 Stars used to unlock all of the Pyroland Contracts.
An objective of the Pyroland Contracts is to encourage Players to try the new ConTracker Contract management system, without requiring they purchase a premium Campaign pass. Most of the rewards of this Contract set require trivial effort compared to most of the rewards of Jungle Inferno Campaign.
- A familiar Payload map, like Badwater Basin or Upward is a good place to work on these Contracts. The enemy tends to concentrate around the cart.
- Pushing the Payload Cart is a quick way to rack up the points for most of the Primary Objectives in this set, while the more or less continuous clustering of teammates and enemies around Medics, Engineer nests, and the Payload Cart provide many opportunities to work on the Bonus Objectives.
- Completion of no more than one Bonus Objective is required to earn 3 of the Pyro Weapons (all except for the Hot Hand). This one Bonus Objective does not have to be any of the starting Pyro Contract Bonus Objectives, it can be any one of the relatively easier Bonus Objectives of The Gas Passer or The Dragon's Fury Contracts.
- Unlocking the Consolation Prize Contract for the Second Banana requires completing at least 2 Bonus Objectives, if the first four Pyroland Contracts have been completed. More Bonus Objectives are required if fewer Pyroland Contracts are opened.
- Unlocking The Hot Hand Contract requires completion of all of the Bonus Objectives of all of the other Pyroland Contracts, including the Consolation Prize.
- The Gas Passer
- Using a regular Flamethrower (to conserve Ammo for extinguishing teammates) while playing defensively around groupings of your team, say, keeping the enemy away from your Medics and Engineers, is a good team-player way to also complete the Bonus Objective "Deal 500 afterburn damage in a single life: 10 CP".
- The Dragon's Fury
- Hitting attacking Players running through a narrow passage is a great place to complete the Objectives "Get a kill with the Dragon's Fury: 2 CP" and "Hit and kill a burning enemy with the Dragon's Fury: 3 CP".
- The Thermal Thruster
- Extinguishing teammates can be difficult with this weapon, especially considering finding ignited teammates is somewhat uncommon. To speed this process up, have a teammate with the Cow Mangler shoot a charged shot beneath themselves, allowing them to ignite themselves on-demand. You will be able to safely utilise the Thermal Thruster to extinguish them, quickly finishing the first bonus objective of this contract. This can also be done in the spawn room, where the Resupply Cabinet can quickly recharge the Thermal Thruster.
- The Hot Hand
- It may be difficult to obtain two or three consecutive kills with this weapon without dying, due to its reduced damage output (as well as the increased vulnerability of using a melee weapon in close quarters). Playing on a map like 2Fort may greatly improve your odds, as there are plenty of hiding places and escape routes that will ensure your survival. Additionally, unaware Snipers will often be perched on the other team's fort, allowing for easy kills. Be careful when in the enemy's base, as it is fairly likely an Engineer has a sentry set up that could put a sudden end to your killstreak.
- The Hot Hand Contract is best worked on in DeGroot Keep.
List of contract objectives
|The Gas Passer||
|The Dragon's Fury||
|The Thermal Thruster||
|The Hot Hand||