— The Engineer on his buddy
The RoBro 3000 is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is a saucer-shaped robot that floats behind the player's left shoulder. It features a spinning parabolic antenna on the top, a lens that flashes with the team's color on the front, a team-colored stripe, an on/off button, and a thruster that emits a team-colored flame on the back, and two arms and team-colored cables on the bottom.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that it gets the assist, with its custom name if it has one.
The RoBro 3000 was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
August 15, 2012 Patch (Mann vs. Machine Update)
- The RoBro 3000 was added to the game.
September 6, 2012 Patch (First Workshop Content Pack)
- [Undocumented] Added RoBro 3000 to the Fall Crate.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- When a RoBro 3000 wearer's corpse is turned into solid Australium (from being killed with Saxxy or Golden Wrench for instance), the RoBro keeps moving its antenna.
- Despite the item's description claiming it has no off-switch, a power toggle button can clearly be seen on the back of the RoBro, just above the jet.