|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This page details content that has been removed from the game.
The Roasted Goldfish is a crafting ingredient that was updated in the June 27, 2012 Patch. It was originally added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, as the Goldfish.
Crafting it with three other incinerated treasures formed a Pile of Ash. This item was removed from the game in the July 11, 2012 Patch. As of the November 21, 2013 Patch, it is no longer removed on login but cannot be used in crafting.
June 19, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] The Goldfish was added to the game.
June 20, 2012 Patch
June 27, 2012 Patch
- Along with the other Mysterious Treasures, the Goldfish was incinerated into a small pile of ash and renamed Roasted Goldfish.
July 11, 2012 Patch
- All ash-related items have been faded away to dust.
November 21, 2013 Patch (Two Cities Update)
- [Undocumented] This item no longer expires on login, but has been updated to indicate it can no longer be used in crafting.
- Equipping the Eliminating The Impossible set changed the Goldfish description to "Think of the", with random characters removed (the characters removed being different for different players), which is a part of a quote from the "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" short story, part of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes collection. When combined with the other items added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, the full quote read "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser."
Level 1 Goldfish
Does it strike you as mysterious that goldfish are neither MADE OF GOLD or EVEN FISH? Because it should. Also, goldfish ARE fish, we got that part wrong. TO GET YOU OFF THE SCENT!