Halloween achievements are the 28 achievements released during past Halloween Events.
Players can make progress on most Halloween achievements all year long to the extent that Community servers may host released or custom Halloween maps at any time; and necessary mechanisms for certain achievements (e.g., Crumpkins, Ghosts, Skeletons, Bosses, and pumpkin bombs) are features of the maps rather than the Events.
There are five Scarechievements in total. They were added in the Haunted Hallowe'en Special. With the exception of Ghastly Gibus Grab and Costume Contest, they can only be completed during the annual Halloween event, or on a server with
tf_forced_holiday set to
|| Attack o' Lantern|
Cause the deaths of 5 players by exploding nearby pumpkin bombs.
|| Ghastly Gibus Grab|
Dominate a player wearing any achievement Gibus hat to earn your own Ghastly Gibus.
|| Costume Contest|
Kill a Spy disguised as your current class.
|| Scared Stiff|
Kill a player scared by a ghost.
There are four Ghostchievements in total. They were added in the Scream Fortress Update that started on October 27, 2010 Patch and ended on November 8, 2010. Ghostchievements keep with the Haunted Hallowe'en Special's trend of making special items obtainable through these holiday achievements. Sleepy Holl0wnd will unlock the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head, while Gored! will yield Haunted Metal Scrap, that can be used to craft the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker or one of the three styles of the Spine-Chilling Skull 2011.
The achievements Gored!, Sleepy Holl0wnd, and Sackston Hale can be completed year round. The related crafting recipes for the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker or the Spine-Chilling Skull are still accessible for players that chose not to craft their items during the event.
Gored! and Sleepy Holl0wnd can also be obtained on maps other than Mann Manor. Servers that have the Horseless Headless Horsemann Spawner plug-in can spawn the Horseless Headless Horsemann on any map, which in turn allows players to complete those two achievements and obtain the Unusual Haunted Metal Scrap and Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head after the event is over.
Masked Mann can also be obtained on Eyeaduct, Ghost Fort and Helltower, as those maps spawn gifts.
There are two Eye-chievements in total. They were added in the Very Scary Halloween Special that started with the October 27, 2011 Patch and ended with the November 7, 2011 Patch. Eye-chievements, like the Ghostchievements and Scarechievements, made special items obtainable by completing them. "Dive Into a Good Book" will unlock the Bombinomicon badge, and the "Optical Defusion" will unlock the MONOCULUS!.
Both achievements can be unlocked during the Halloween event on Eyeaduct.
|| Dive Into A Good Book|
Get to Loot Island and claim your reward!
There are two Necromannchievements in total. They were added in the Spectral Halloween Special that started with the October 26, 2012 Patch. Like the other Halloween achievements, the Necromannchievements made special items obtainable by completing them. Completing "A Lovely Vacation Spot" will award the Skull Island Topper.
Both achievements can be unlocked during the Halloween event on Ghost Fort.
|| A Lovely Vacation Spot|
Get to Skull Island and claim your reward!
There are eight Bereavements achievements in total. They were added in the Halloween Special that started with the October 29, 2013 Patch. Like the other Halloween achievements, the achievements make special items obtainable by completing them. Completing the "Hat Out of Hell" achievement unlocks the Unfilled Fancy Spellbook and obtaining the "The Mann-tastic Four" achievement awards a unique Spellbook Page.
These achievements can be unlocked during the Halloween event on Helltower.
|| Helltower: Competitive Spirit|
Win 142 rounds
|| Helltower: Hell's Spells|
Get and use a rare spell
|| Helltower: Spelling Spree|
Use spells to kill 25 players
|| Hat Out of Hell|
Get the loot from Skull Island in Hell
There are seven Merasmachievements achievements in total. They were added in Scream Fortress VI that started with the October 29, 2014 Patch. Like the other Halloween achievements, the achievements make special items obtainable by completing them. "Carnival of Carnage: Bumper To Bumper To Bumper" awards a Halloween Gift Cauldron. Obtaining the "Carnival of Carnage: Step Right Up" achievement awards a Necro Smasher.
These achievements can be unlocked during the Halloween event on Carnival of Carnage.
|| Carnival Of Carnage: Bumper Crop|
Kill 30 enemies by bumping their bumper cars off the tracks.
|| Carnival Of Carnage: Up All Night To Get Ducky|
Collect 250 ducks.
|| Carnival Of Carnage: Hat Trick|
Score 3 goals in bumper car soccer.
|| Carnival Of Carnage: Step Right Up|
Earn 4 of the Carnival of Carnage achievements.
|| Carnival Of Carnage: ReinKartnation|
Respawn 30 ghost teammates during bumper car games.
|| Carnival Of Carnage: Arms Reduction|
Kill 15 enemies while under the effect of Merasmus's melee-only curse.
|| Carnival Of Carnage: Bumper To Bumper To Bumper|
Win each of the 3 bumper car games to earn a bonus Halloween Gift Cauldron.
October 29, 2009 Patch (Haunted Hallowe'en Special)
- Added 5 Scarechievements.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- Added 4 Ghostchievements.
October 28, 2010 Patch
- Fixed trading the Saxton Hale Mask granting the Sackston Hale achievement to the recipient.
- Fixed spectators collecting the Haunted Halloween Gift in Mann Manor.
- Fixed the Candy Coroner achievement not awarding the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask.
November 3, 2010 Patch
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mac players from getting the Halloween achievements.
November 19, 2010 Patch
- Fixed a problem with the Sackston Hale achievement sometimes not being awarded correctly.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- Added 2 Necromannchievements.
October 29, 2013 Patch (Scream Fortress 2013)
- [Undocumented] Added 8 Helltower Achievements.
October 29, 2014 Patch (Scream Fortress VI)
- Added 6 Merasmachievements.
- The Carnival Of Carnage: Arms Reduction achievement can be earned through the Minify Magic spell effect, by using any weapon.
- The Carnival Of Carnage: Bumper Crop achievement can be earned by bumping into an enemy, and then falling off of the track.
- The achievement name Sackston Hale is a word play on Saxton Hale's name and how the Saxton Hale mask is a bag or "sack".
- The achievement name Optical Defusion is a word play on the term 'optical diffusion', referring to photon diffusion.
- The achievement name Wizards Never Prosper is a reference to the idiom "Cheaters never prosper".
- The achievement name The Mann-tastic Four is a word play on Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four.
- The achievement name Hat Out of Hell is a word play on the phrase "like a bat out of hell".
- The achievement name Helltower: Spelling Spree is a fusing of "spelling bee" and "killing spree".
- The achievement name Helltower: Mine Games is a word play on the phrase 'Mind games'.
- The achievement name Helltower: Hell's Spells is a reference to AC/DC's "Hell's Bells", a song from their "Back in Black" album.
- The achievement name Carnival Of Carnage: Up All Night To Get Ducky is a reference to Daft Punk's "Get Lucky", a song from their "Random Access Memories" album.
- The achievement name Sleepy Holl0WND is a portmanteau of the name of the film Sleepy Hollow, the place where the Headless Horseman story takes place in, and the term "owned".
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·