The Second Opinion is a community-created cosmetic item for the Medic. It gives the Medic a discolored, pale skin graft on the left side of his face. This graft is held in place by a line of visible surgical staples. These staples extend from the Medic's throat, up along the middle of his face, and around the skull to the back of his head, where they disappears under his uniform. The graft also alters the Medic's signature forelock, making it slightly longer and droopy, and turns his left eyeball white.
Equipping this item alters the Medic's voice responses.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
The Second Opinion was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Second Opinion was added to the game.
- When the Medic is on fire, the fire effect does not extend to the left side of the face.
- Some of the altered voice lines lack lip sync.
- A second opinion is when a patient requests to see a second physician, usually prior to a surgery, to get another point-of-view.
- One of the new Medic responses added by this item (The "evil side" of Medic chanting "Redrum") is a reference to the "Shining" by Stephen King.
- The Second Opinion is based off of the fictional character Two-Face from the DC Comic's Batman series. The "evil side" of the Medic, and the item's overall appearance, are very similar to the character.