Shogun's Shoulder Guard
The Shogun's Shoulder Guard is a community-created cosmetic item for the Soldier. It consists of several parts of Japanese samurai armour, which include a paintable team-colored left shoulder guard (sode), a team-colored left forearm guard (kote) and a brown plate (tekko) that covers the back of the Soldier's left hand and features his class icon. It also changes the Soldier's default undershirt to a paintable shirt that is usually worn underneath the Samurai armor (shitagi).
The Shogun's Shoulder Guard was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Shogun's Shoulder Guard was added to the game.
August 20, 2013 [Item schema update]
- Changed item type to Cosmetic Armor.
- [Undocumented] Added The Shogun's Shoulder Guard to the Mann Co. Store.
- Added Strange quality.
- A Shogun is a military leader in Japan.
- The item description references Japan's previous longstanding closed door policy. A policy that limited travel outside of the country and severely limited trade with foreign countries, except with the Chinese and the Dutch.