Sight for Sore Eyes
What are you lookin' at?!
— The Scout to the Pyro
The Sight for Sore Eyes is a community-created cosmetic item for the Pyro. It is a pair of loose googly eyes that fit inside the lens sockets of the Pyro's gas mask.
April 7, 2011 Patch (Third Community Contribution Update)
- The Sight for Sore Eyes was added to the game.
December 15, 2011 Patch #1 (Australian Christmas 2011)
- Added "Lenses" equip region.
- Loosened equip region restrictions for the Sight for Sore Eyes.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- If an item with the Head Replacement equip region is equipped after the Sight for Sore Eyes is equipped, the Sight for Sore Eyes stop appearing in the loadout screen, until the Head Replacement item is unequipped.
- In-game, the Sight for Sore Eyes occasionally has rendering problems, causing the eyes to constantly flicker or disappear when viewed from certain angles.
- The term "sight for sore eyes" is an English colloquial phrase that refers to a person that one is pleased to see or is attractive.
- Vellicating is the act of lightly touching a body part so as to cause the underlying nerves to twitch. Vitreous humor is the clear gel that fills the space between the lens and the retina of the eyeball.