The Stahlhelm is a community-created promotional cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is a rimmed steel German army helmet, adorned with a team-colored Team Fortress 2 emblem on the side in a shield decal, instead of the red, white, and black national colors.
The Stahlhelm was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-ordered Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad on Steam before September 13th, 2011, or players who have purchased Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition.
- Added the Stahlhelm to the game.
- The Stahlhelm's texture is set up for paint to be applied, but the ability to do so is disabled.
- The backpack icon shows a different texture compared to its original model, resembling the design seen on the promotional image.
- Stahlhelm is German for 'Steel Helmet'.
- The Steam page for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad shows the Stahlhelm having the historical black, white and red Heer as well as the national logo of the German Army during the Second World War. This emblem was replaced by the Team Fortress 2 logo in game.
- This particular archetype of German helmet was standard issue for German soldiers during World War 2.
- The Stahlhelm in game appears to be similar to an M40 or M43 German helmet, as the air vent looks to be a circle instead of a cone. The paint is incorrect, because only M35 helmets were painted green. It also bears a significant resemblance to previous iterations of the same helmet, namely the M1916 and M1917 versions used during World War 1, due to its tall shape and more prominent visor and rim, although this is likely due to stylstic purposes.
Promotional image of the Stahlhelm and the Pilotka.