This article is about the cosmetic item. For the achievement with a similar name, see Demoman achievements.
Helen seems to have an aptness for starting wars.
— Tartan Spartan publicity blurb
The Tartan Spartan is a community-created cosmetic item for the Demoman. It is an iron Hoplite helmet with a team-colored crest.
The Tartan Spartan was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
July 10, 2013 Patch (Summer Event 2013)
- The Tartan Spartan was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added the Tartan Spartan to the Mann Co. Store.
- Updated the materials for the Tartan Spartan.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The item's description is a reference to the American action film "300", in which King Leonidas tells his 300 Spartan soldiers "to ready [their] breakfast and to eat hearty, for tonight [they] dine in hell!"
- The helmet sports a distinctive notch over the cheek and a brow of the helmet; this is a direct nod to King Leonidas's identically damaged helmet from the aforementioned film.