Team Fortress Wiki
Team Fortress Wiki (formally and founded as TF2 Wiki) was created by Nos in October 2007. Its goal is to provide Team Fortress 2 players with information that they will find useful to further their understanding of the game.
In June 2010, the Wiki and its content were moved to a new server hosted by Valve and became the official wiki for the Team Fortress series of games, covering everything related to Team Fortress 2 and its older siblings – Team Fortress Classic and Team Fortress.
What is a wiki?
See Wikipedia's article on the definition of a "wiki".
- A wiki is a website that allows the creation and editing of any number of interlinked web pages via a web browser using a simplified markup language or a WYSIWYG text editor. Wikis are typically powered by wiki software and are often used collaboratively by multiple users. Examples include community websites, corporate intranets, knowledge management systems, and note services. The software can also be used for personal notetaking.
How to get started and where to find things
- The links found on the left under 'Navigation' will help you navigate your way around the wiki.
- First, check out the main page. It tells you what is new and has useful links.
- Second, try the search box! It is quite useful, although you could always search within the wiki using Google.
- Third, if you are bored, you could always check out a random page!
How to edit
This is a wiki, a cooperative and informative website that anyone can edit to make it better.
Team Fortress Wiki, like Wikipedia, utilizes the wiki markup to format a page. For example, entering any text between two equal signs creates a title. Wikipedia has a cheat sheet designed to help newcomers. You should also check out the tutorial for the very basics.
We also have a style guide which you should follow. It has guidelines on the way you should format pages.
- Wiki markup
Where to get help
- #tfwiki – Our IRC channel (how to connect).
- Team Fortress Wiki:Discussion – Our main discussion page.
Who are the people in charge?
See Group rights for a complete list of users with elevated privileges.
These are just a few pages listing facts and statistics about this site:
- Team Fortress Wiki became an official wiki of Valve on June 30, 2010 and is part of the unofficial Valve Wiki Network.
- Entering the Konami Code ( , , , , , , , , , , ) on your keyboard anywhere on this wiki will trigger an Easter egg wherein the BLU Spy saps the 'Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki' logo that is found at the top of the sidebar on the left of this page. The Engineer proceeds to say "Spy's sappin' my wiki!" Wrench sounds are heard, and the Sapper is eventually removed. The Engineer then says "Much obliged, pardner." This Easter egg can be triggered on mobile by swiping Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right on the touchscreen then tapping the screen three times.
- Team Fortress
- Team Fortress 2
- Team Fortress Classic
- Team Fortress Wiki – IRC
- Team Fortress Wiki – Wiki Birthday Update
- Wiki Cap
- Official TF Wiki TF2 server
- Official TF Wiki Twitter page
- Official TF2 Wiki YouTube channel
- Team Fortress Wiki IRC channel
- Team Fortress Wiki Steam group
- Team Fortress Wiki Steam group chat room
- Team Fortress Wiki Steam group RSS feed