Thanks for the ride, pardner!
— Teddy Roosebelt to The Engineer
Teddy Roosebelt is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It is a beige teddy bear dressed in the likeness of the Engineer with team-colored overalls and ears poking out of its hard hat, as well as dark brown goggles to complete the attire. When equipped, it fits snugly into the ammo pouch on the Engineer's belt and swings about.
When players equipped with this item kill an enemy unassisted by another player, the killfeed shows everyone in Pyroland that it gets the assist, with its custom name if it has one.
April 7, 2011 Patch (Third Community Contribution Update)
- Teddy Roosebelt was added to the game.
December 1, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] Changed the Teddy Roosebelt's description to be a "Pocket Buddy" rather than a "Hat".
June 28, 2012 Patch
- The Teddy Roosebelt is now credited with kill assists.
July 2, 2012 Patch
- Teddy Roosebelt can now get assists in Pyrovision.
August 27, 2013 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The phong mask for the bear is incorrect. The creator had intended to make the phong weaker on the skin.
- This item's name comes from that of Theodore Roosevelt, the 26th President of the United States who was often referred to by his nickname "Teddy". The teddy bear was coined after the President participated in a hunt and refused to shoot an orphaned bear cub.